Sign the Petition for Womens state pension age going up unfair

Options

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    saver861 wrote: »
    Yeah ... garbage number really ... 0.2% ..... I mean .... and of course don't forget 0.19999999999999 % signed it under false pretences apparently ...... which really means there was only 0.000000001% who knew what they were doing.

This means only 4.75 people made valid signatures. Not even a round 5.

The SNP wont be worrying - they have their own agenda.

Yes that is true. There is a difference between voicing an opinion and having a mature discussion and repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and .......

As above as above as above as above as above as above as above as above As above as above as above as above as above as above as above as above As above as above as above as above as above as above as above as above As above as above as above as above as above as above as above as above As above as above as above as above as above as above as above as above As above as above as above as above as above as above as above as above

I agree.

Everytime I come back to this thread it is the same people saying the same thing over and over again.

These WASPI people do seem to have them riled.
  • saver861
    saver861 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    Daniel54 wrote: »
    I was asking that you read the response on Twitter to this piece and regarding Ros Altmann.Clearly you have not done so.

No - why would I want to read twitter abuse? I don't doubt that it is there if that's what you are saying? I know it is, as I said, that problem will manifest itself in many troubling ways in the future - long after this issue is done.
    affected,nothing for those past the the cut off date.All for one and one for all etc

My reading of it was that it was aimed at giving a ten year notice to those who had not got it as a result of the changes, men and women. Surely one reasonable outcome would be that everyone had the same 10 years notice.
    Likewise,of course there is no active encouragement of online abuse.But a default position that Altmann should support the petition ( and does not because she has changed her colours ) does encourage a view that she is a turncoat and consequent responses

Personally I would give Altmann the benefit of the doubt until this is all over. If she moves to make some adjustments to the situation then that would be credible. If she does not then how does she divorce her position from her earlier campaigning.

You will have read this and other similar articles no doubt?
    http://www.rosaltmann.com/women_spa_house_of_lords_briefing_march2011.htm
    However the WASPI campaign is asking Government ( =taxpayers) to take in excess £100 bn of expenditure and donate it to a specific group of women regardless of need .

It matters not what they ask but what the government will give.

To echo others, at these levels of treasury cost it is not negotiation and I am bemused why you think it might be.

But I have never advocated that the 1995 policy should be reversed. My position is that the 2011 policy should changed and give everyone 10 years notice. So, anyone who had less than 10 years to retirement date at 2011 would not have any extension applied. Those that were more than 10 years, including myself, take the hit. Not sure why you think that is unreasonable.
    You appear to be impaled upon your high horse.From that height you get a great view,but it might be time to come off it ?

Well, horses are majestic creatures and with dogs my two favourite animals. I have ridden horses for many years since I was about a foot and a half tall. One of the most enjoyable of hobbies. Ridden many tall horses too, up to 18hh and you do get a good view. :)

I'm less familiar with your high horse though ... if expressing opinions is akin to being on a high horse then I will go with that. Is that not the purpose of a forum?
  • saver861
    saver861 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »

Everytime I come back to this thread it is the same people saying the same thing over and over again.

When the petition stood at around 50k Martin Lewis MSE put out his support and it rose around 30K in that week alone!!

I don't know how many of those were MSE forumites but I would hazard a guess at a high percentage.

30k versus the 30 or so repeating the same thing on here is lost on some. Pity really, and I have long since see it as merely amusing rather than any way informative.
  • patanne
    patanne Posts: 1,286 Forumite
    Options
    hey! the man's allowed one mistake every 10years. Get off his back!
  • Figgerty
    Figgerty Posts: 473 Forumite
    Options
    No - why would I want to read twitter abuse? I don't doubt that it is there if that's what you are saying? I know it is, as I said, that problem will manifest itself in many troubling ways in the future - long after this issue is done.

My reading of it was that it was aimed at giving a ten year notice to those who had not got it as a result of the changes, men and women. Surely one reasonable outcome would be that everyone had the same 10 years notice.

Personally I would give Altmann the benefit of the doubt until this is all over. If she moves to make some adjustments to the situation then that would be credible. If she does not then how does she divorce her position from her earlier campaigning.

You will have read this and other similar articles no doubt?
    http://www.rosaltmann.com/women_spa_house_of_lords_briefing_march2011.htm

It matters not what they ask but what the government will give.

But I have never advocated that the 1995 policy should be reversed. My position is that the 2011 policy should changed and give everyone 10 years notice. So, anyone who had less than 10 years to retirement date at 2011 would not have any extension applied. Those that were more than 10 years, including myself, take the hit. Not sure why you think that is unreasonable.

Well, horses are majestic creatures and with dogs my two favourite animals. I have ridden horses for many years since I was about a foot and a half tall. One of the most enjoyable of hobbies. Ridden many tall horses too, up to 18hh and you do get a good view. :)

I'm less familiar with your high horse though ... if expressing opinions is akin to being on a high horse then I will go with that. Is that not the purpose of a forum?

This summarises perfectly the position of many who support the #Waspi campaign. #Waspi took the campaign to Parliament on their terms and I am happy to go along with them on my terms.
    Some Burke bloke quote: all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to say nothing. :silenced:
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    The inability of the WASPI campaign to clearly define what they want obviously raises questions about the validity of the petition. What did those people who have signed it think the campaign is about?
    I signed this petition:
    Make fair transitional state pension arrangements for 1950’s women

The Government must make fair transitional arrangements for all women born on or after 6th April 1951 who have unfairly borne the burden of the increase to the State Pension Age (SPA). Hundreds of thousands of women have had significant changes imposed on them with a lack of appropriate notification

More details The 1995 Conservative Government’s Pension Act included plans to increase women’s SPA to 65, the same as men’s. Women Against State Pension Inequality (WASPI), agree with equalisation, but don’t agree with the unfair way the changes were implemented – with little/no personal notice (1995/2011 Pension Acts), faster than promised (2011 Pension Act), and no time to make alternative plans. Retirement plans have been shattered with devastating consequences.
    It contained no nonsense about wanting the SPA for women to be returned to age 60.
    imho, it says the opposite as the petition mentions that WASPI 'agree with equalisation'.

As someone who doesn't 'do' Facebook, I had no idea of what WASPI were posting on their FB page until it was mentioned by one of the posters on this or one of the other threads about the WASPI campaign.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Experts on here are experts at everything then?? ... including modesty!!! :cool:

You know perfectly well I was referring to pension matters.
    Would these be the same people that were doing nothing prior to the WASPI campaign

It was all done more than 5 years ago. Campaigns were fought and a concession gained at the cost of £1.1bn. However it was made very clear then that nothing further would be done. There is only so much flogging of a dead horse that one can do.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Yeah ... garbage number really ... 0.2% ..... I mean .... and of course don't forget 0.19999999999999 % signed it under false pretences apparently ...... which really means there was only 0.000000001% who knew what they were doing.

This means only 4.75 people made valid signatures. Not even a round 5.
    You've now totally lost the plot :eek:
    The SNP wont be worrying - they have their own agenda.
    Possibly. But the govt won't care.
    Yes that is true. There is a difference between voicing an opinion and having a mature discussion and repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating repeating the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and .......
    So stop repeating yourself then! I have 15 posts on this thread. You have 76!! Who's repeating themselves? :rotfl:
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I signed this petition:
    It contained no nonsense about wanting the SPA for women to be returned to age 60.
    imho, it says the opposite as the petition mentions that WASPI 'agree with equalisation'.

Yes it sounds very fair and reasoned when you read the petition.
    As someone who doesn't 'do' Facebook, I had no idea of what WASPI were posting on their FB page until it was mentioned by one of the posters on this or one of the other threads about the WASPI campaign.

This is the biggest issue - their "ask" and the failure on Twitter, Facebook and increasingly more media ( not only social ) to define that aim is what is leading to growing criticism.

They continue to spin that their ask does not mean that they want to repeal the 1995 Act. Of course they don't as they only want state pension from age 60 for all 1950s women. The campaign did post on Twitter yesterday that the 1995 Act was the biggest injustice of all with a 6 year hike.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I agree.

These WASPI people do seem to have them riled.

You seem to be saying that it is ok for WASPI campaigners to say the same thing over and over again but people who do not support them should stop saying what they think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure