Sign the Petition for Womens state pension age going up unfair

Options

Comments

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    You seem to be saying that it is ok for WASPI campaigners to say the same thing over and over again but people who do not support them should stop saying what they think.
    They're obviously used to the facebook page where opposing views are censored ;)
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You seem to be saying that it is ok for WASPI campaigners to say the same thing over and over again but people who do not support them should stop saying what they think.

Not at all.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    They're obviously used to the facebook page where opposing views are censored ;)

Not me.

I do not use faceache.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    Anyone watch Victoria Live this morning?

Some of the journalists seem to think this has not been communicated to those affected as it should have been.

And by the way I have no personal interest in all this, I just think the way it has been implemented is all wrong.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 27 January 2016 at 12:10PM
    Options
    That has been WASPI's modus operandi from the start. No-one must be allowed to think that there is a rational discussion to be had - MPs in particular. The issue must be one of good vs evil, fair vs unfair, poor forsaken women vs heartless men, need vs greed. MPs cannot be allowed to think that there is a rational debate to be had with points to consider on both sides. Hence the ruthless purging of the Facebook page and the hounding out of dissenting voices on Twitter.

"Saying what they think"? Stop right there, you're not supposed to think about this. Can't you see this is an emotional issue?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    What is pretentious about expecting grown up people to figure out how much money they will have once they stop working?

No, expecting everybody to "read serious newspapers" is though.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Some of the journalists seem to think this has not been communicated to those affected as it should have been.

Well if journalists think it was so it must be true. Paul Lewis is a journalist and we established several pages back that he has no idea what he's talking about. Most journalists are so drunk I would be surprised if they remembered what colour car they drove in 1995, let alone the extent to which the Budget and the State Pension age changes were reported.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    Malthusian wrote: »
    Well if journalists think it was so it must be true. Paul Lewis is a journalist and we established several pages back that he has no idea what he's talking about. Most journalists are so drunk I would be surprised if they remembered what colour car they drove in 1995, let alone the extent to which the Budget and the State Pension age changes were reported.

Is that the best you can do!

Hilarious.
  • saver861
    saver861 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    The "experts" on here know an awful lot more than the Waspi founders could even dream about.
    You know perfectly well I was referring to pension matters.

Incorrect. The majority on here are lay people with some knowledge of pensions, finance etc. These are not experts.

Don't you think it is a little pretentious to declare people on here as experts that would be far above WASPI or any other group of individuals.

There are people on here who say they are full time working professionals. They will have more knowledge of their profession than any of the lay people e.g. pensions, finance etc etc. At least I hope they do!!!!

What I do find perplexing is the amount time full time working professionals spend on this site. I am now a retiree but I have been on this site for many many years. My current username says 2014 but I have been on here infrequently under other usernames long forgotten.

I could not have spent anything like the amount of time some spend on here in my working life, nor would I have wanted to.

It was all done more than 5 years ago. Campaigns were fought

Do you have any links or references to these campaigns?
  • saver861
    saver861 Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    Options

No - you misread I think. The threads on here are repeating the same thing about what WASPI are doing wrong. If WASPI wants to repeat the same old thing over and over let them .... if your buddy jumped off a bridge it does not mean you have to.

Yet many on here say the 2011 changes are unfair, incorrect, too fast etc.

So, rather than keep repeating what WASPI are doing wrong, focus more on what can be done to bring help bring changes to the 2011 policy.

There is very little or no action from posters - its virtually all repeated reaction to WASPI. Everybody is entitled to say what the they think - however, it seems if people have nothing new to say then repeating the same old thing is the next best option.

Comical really ....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport