santas Challenge 2016... Gifts, chat, challenges

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,590 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

As for Christmas itself... Not sure what is going to happen. I'm single, and usually go to my parents house for 5-6 days... But dad has been particularly ill the last month or so, and not showing huge signs of improvement, so it's very much up in the air at the moment!

Sorry to hear that. Hope you dad does improve., and soon.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you dad does improve., and soon.

And from me as well xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Home safe landed at 2am, home by 4am..... i want to go back it's too cold here..... 7pm - last ngt when leaving hotel the temp was 20c

But........ within 24hrs sat in same travel agents- booked 14ngts for next October ..... and swooped our hol in July from Marrakesh to the hotel we have just come from...: to say I have a very happy miss hoodie... xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    Home safe landed at 2am, home by 4am..... i want to go back it's too cold here..... 7pm - last ngt when leaving hotel the temp was 20c

But........ within 24hrs sat in same travel agents- booked 14ngts for next October ..... and swooped our hol in July from Marrakesh to the hotel we have just come from...: to say I have a very happy miss hoodie... xx

I left 29c late sunday night/monday am... landed back yesterday lunch time to ok weather and then today struck me! Not amused lol I want to go back too!!!:D
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Welcome back mum2one glad you both had such a lovely time.

Hope your dad feels better soon flubberyzing

I knitted another little stocking last night while watching a DVD, I have a few I can sew together toninght. Need to have 30. Made a deal with dd3 that I will sew her little bags for rindeer food if she prints me some labels for mine. Got lots of Christmas sprinkles in the baking cupboard so plan to use those and oats instead of glitter so it is all degradable (or edible for the birds) whereas glitter isn't.
    Need to get class lists from school so I can make a start on the cards for there.
    Right better make a move-busy day today.

Have a good one all.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm really feeling behind at the moment and ordered loads from Amaz0n to catch up. When my parcel arrived at work, I realised I'd ordered two lunchboxes instead of one. Luckily, I managed to put it to good use, as the children have both been invited to birthday parties, so it became a birthday gift.
  • xrestrictedx
    Options
    Hello, hello, hello everyone, wow it's been a very long time, I've finally found you Xxx
    MEMBER OF
    ~*~ Thrifty Gifty Moneysaving Thread for Christmas and all Occasions 2012 ~*~
    ;) Busy doing nothing, working the whole day through, trying to find lots of things not to do :p
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Hi! Been feeling a bit rough lately. Health problems after having the baby. But things are hopefully getting a bit better and tablets kicking in. It's amazing what damage they can do to your body without you knowing.

Anyway. Finally "it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas". Even my most bah humbug friends have to get into the spirit now it's so near. I was doing so, so well. But with feeling rough I've fallen a bit behind. Need to finish writing cards and get some wrapping done so I'm on track again. I dragged all the boxes of decorations from the attic and plan to have a good sort out. Got to plan Christmas dinner too. I'm cooking for everyone this year. Want something that looks impressive and is quite easy and lazy. Think I'm out of luck.
    Been a very lucky girl this year. Got bought some nice advent calendars for my birthday this Saturday. MIL got me the l'occitane and husband got me the (magical looking but stupidly priced) Liberty one.

Hope everyone is excited and stress free after all the prep work all year. Counting down to the boots 50% off online sale now on Christmas Eve. Annoyingly I can't remember if it's stupid in the morning 23-24 or 24-25. I just remember being on my laptop in the dark, blurry eyed and putting anything and everything in my basket last year.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,590 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I knitted another little stocking last night while watching a DVD, I have a few I can sew together toninght. Need to have 30.

Help! Help......
    Promised a friend I would give her the pattern for the stockings, then read the words 'crown' and ' brim' and realised the pattern I had was for a hat! not the little stockings after all. Have tried various seraches on here including advanced and flipping nothing comes up!!
    Please can anyone help me??

Just spent a lovely few days in W.Yorks near Haworth- my treat to make up for no Christmas (!) assuming op goes ahead as planned. Stayed with friends from college days- haven't seen them for 3 years.

There was a computer virus round here a couple of weeks ago and the orthopaedic ops were cancelled for 2 days so hope my date is unaffected.

Now back to the duvet factory and the doggy bone bags!

oh and house looks.......maximally just awful.....
    Collect woofers tomorrow

Hope everyone is fit and well
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Christmas stocking....
    3 1/4 ( no 10 needles ) dk wool

Cast on 20 sts
    K 1 row
    St st - 16 rows - beg with a knit

Shape heel
    1- k12 turn
    2 - p4 turn