We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

santas Challenge 2016... Gifts, chat, challenges

Options

Comments

• crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Crazy cat lady those Christmas truffles look gorgeous

Wonder if Tesco will do the coal this year (black coloured cinder toffee) for the people on the naughty lists stockings LOL

Thank you. Love having time to make things now.

Never heard of cinder toffee coal. Might have to steal that idea and have a go at that too. I'm sure I can find a template online somewhere for a little coal sack to print out of paper, or make a few quick drawstring hessian bags.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    GreT idea catlady, I'm sure few very people experimented last year when it came out and did their own take on it. Wilkinson sell little cellophane bags or even sandwich bags tucked in hessian bags would look great.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Black cinder toffee shouldn't be tricky to make... So long as you didn't add colour till right before you were going to tip in the bicarbonate... I'd use the solid dye though and not the liquid... Hobby craft probably have it in for Halloween at the moment ��
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    MrsTinks wrote: »
    Black cinder toffee shouldn't be tricky to make... So long as you didn't add colour till right before you were going to tip in the bicarbonate... I'd use the solid dye though and not the liquid... Hobby craft probably have it in for Halloween at the moment ��

The gel colours will work fine. Wouldn't alter how it bubbles up. Going to give it a go. Made it a few times before without colour so hopefully won't be any different.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The gel colours will work fine. Wouldn't alter how it bubbles up. Going to give it a go. Made it a few times before without colour so hopefully won't be any different.

Gel was what I meant LOL so the Wilson stuff should work, the Dr Oetker stuff from Asda... probably not strong enough in the Black to be honest :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mmmmmmm black cinder toffee sounds delish!

Dxxx
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Anyone spotted the boots Catalogue out yet? I mightn't be obsessed, but I want it as soon as it's out. The gift sets are in the shop but I haven't seen anything else yet. And (haven't checked since yesterday) the site still says coming soon under the Christmas section.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nope haven't been to a Boots recently, will pop into one on Friday.

Hopefully will be out by then!

Dxxx
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Can't wait for boots catalogue either, miss hoodie has to have her own copy! Shouldn't be much longer with them going live on Friday. X
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • nextyeartina
    Options
    I got a Boots catalogue yesterday :)

Tina x
    The £1,000 emergency fund challenge #163 - £536.16/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing