Car Wheel Tracking Cost

Options

Comments

• tomthered
    tomthered Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    well my thanks go to Darude to as I was expecting to pay about £40 but getting it done for £15 and its valid until 31 October 2012. Nice post.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    s_b wrote: »
    Do you honestly believe that all cars can have caster and camber done at these alignment places?
    if you do please watch out for flying pigs
    for the record
    i use the the flimsy gauges they cost £500 and i can tell you now in a shoot out in the ok coral i could track your car up much better than anyone who relies on a laser but knows jack and is on bonus

if you are a baker please keep to cakes

Those post-mounted laser kits cost £8k and in the wrong hands are not that accurate. My mechanic uses the floor-standing gauges. As he says, all that ever goes wrong is the occassional bulb failure.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• BaileyB
    BaileyB Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone had it done at national? I think mine needs doing. Do they do the 2 or 4 wheel alignment?
  • Lifesaver
    Lifesaver Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    The offer at National Tyres is still on in 2013 - apologies for dredging up this thread again, but, it's useful and saves £15! :D

http://www.national.co.uk/special-offers-wheel-alignment.aspx
  • borgman
    Options
    anyone had this done at national? Just wondered if they did the rear wheels too at this special price?
  • clashcityrocker
    Options
    Also looking at getting this done at National. Can anyone answer the question of whether they do the 2 or 4 wheel alignment? thanks.
  • egyptiancotton
    egyptiancotton Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 December 2013 at 3:15PM
    Options
    For a car like a standard Ford Fiesta, I've been told that 4-wheel alignment isn't possible because the rear axle is fixed. Is this correct?
  • Slowly_does_it..
    Options
    lloydyyy wrote: »
    For a car like a standard Ford Fiesta, I've been told that 4-wheel alignment isn't possible because the rear axle is fixed. Is this correct?

51 reg fiesta has a fixed rear, do not know about the following generations of fiestas.
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    51 reg fiesta has a fixed rear, do not know about the following generations of fiestas.

Mine is a 2008/08, if that helps :D
  • red_eye
    red_eye Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tracking is 2 wheel alignment and is not of much use

You really need a 4-wheel alignment, where it tracks the rear wheels, then centers the steering wheel, and finally adjusts the toe on the front.

The good news is its not to expensive, a standard a car- maybe £30-£40 pounds.

2-wheel tracking will not solve tracking problems- bear that in mind
    Nothing wrong with 2 wheel tracking setups if you are using manufacture settings, though there are very few places left that still have 2 wheel setup.

in "4 wheel alignment" only the front wheels are tracked exactly like the 2 wheels setup. the flags placed on the rear wheels mean that there is no need to open the autodata book to find the settings. As long as the fronts are 0 or +1 and-1 and both the rear flags are showing the same value the car is tracked.

to track the rear you put the guages on the rear near side to off side
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport