Car Wheel Tracking Cost

Options

Comments

• thepalace1
    Options
    stephssjr wrote: »
    national tyres and autocare have a printable voucher offering wheel alignment for £14 cheapest I've found so far
    :rotfl:

Cracking find stephssjr, save me a few quid, many thanks.
  • dellboy102
    dellboy102 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmm, anyone know if national tyres is a 4 wheel alignment, i've been quoted by a Honda dealer £130 for my 2006 Accord 2.2 , seems a bit steep!
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    vikingaero wrote: »
    You can pay hundreds of pounds for a full works KDS tracking at some BMW dealers.
    I've had it done twice, well over £350. Fortunately I've not been the one paying for it.
  • catflea
    catflea Posts: 6,620 Forumite
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    If she's into DIY she could try this :D

I used to know Robin Beardsmore. Its what you get for having an odd fascination with Morris Minors.....
    Proud of who, and what, I am. :female::male:
    :cool:
  • maxheadroom
    maxheadroom Posts: 145 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try searching on some of the performance car forum (eg subaru impreza, mitsubusi evo) or piston heads some one can recommened a place near to you

One near cardiff is A&A Tyres on Whittle road, have two four wheel laser alignment bays, cost me £30 last time give you nice before and after print out were honest and whne have take car in previopusly and they couldnt shift one of the rear adjusters they only charged £14 for the fron and they had to get the acetylene to shift the nuts on the track rod ends they always have a steady stream
  • ellingtj
    ellingtj Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    It's worthwhile understanding that a 'laser' tracking system is not state of the art. Your average laser tracking system comprises of little more than a laser pointer and a ruler. What people need to look for is computerised tracking 2/4 wheel - usually 4 wheel by default. For example the system used by Micheldever tyres (mentioned earlier) is a John Bean Visualiner system, search on google to see what such as system looks like though there are many alternatives. These systems remove the human element in as much as they dictate which wheel has to be moved and how far. These systems will also indicate, in addition to wheel toe, camber angle, caster and kingpin measurements. 4 Wheel allignment is generally useful only on cars where there is actually adjustability on the rear wheels, which generally excludes many front wheel drive cars especially those with torsion beam rear suspension set-ups.
  • Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    For anyone looking to have their wheels aligned, National Tyres and Autocare's 50% off wheel alignment offer is still running. Just download the voucher from the special offers page on their site http://www.national.co.uk I'm about to have my second car done with them. Thanks again for the heads-up stephssjr
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • oscarward
    Options
    for people in the west mids kingswinford tyres have a deal of 4 wheel alignment check for free and £25 if anything needs adjusting.

(Or was last time I used them in Jan)

My jag dealer charges £75 but usually make it free if they have suppplied the car and alignment issues aren't caused by kerbing.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mine cost £2.50 to check and adjust, BUT...

That was a long time ago, Probably as long ago as this thread started, Maybe?

YET ANOTHER OLD THREAD DREDGED UP...
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mine cost £2.50 to check and adjust, BUT...

That was a long time ago, Probably as long ago as this thread started, Maybe?

YET ANOTHER OLD THREAD DREDGED UP...
    I found this old thread from a search engine when I was looking for a deal, didn't know there was a time limit.

Well it appears at least one person got some use from the resurrection of it so that's all that matters...MERRY CHRISTMAS! :p
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport