IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPM ticket no NtD, NtK arrived more than 14 days after dated.

Options

Comments

• tidegu
    tidegu Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No, nothing is worth arguing as 'invalidating' the charge and many PPCs are ordinary 'members' of the BPA at the same time as being AOS members of the IPC.

You could use the response suggested by the Parking Prankster if you wish. That is shown in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread. But do not reply again, just once, if at all.

You can ignore debt collector letters (e.e. those shown in post #4 of the NEWBIES thread from firms like Debt Recovery Plus, who also use the names 'Zenith' and 'PCS'. Ignore but keep those letters.

Do not ignore court papers and do not ignore a 'Letter before Claim' if it comes from the PPC or a solicitor. Come back if you get that.

Thanks again C-M. I did send them the letter as in #3. Hope they will feel this case is tough on them and cancel the case or any further action.

Did you suggest the contract between them and the driver is still valid if they keep displaying a signage with BPA and also a logo of BPA on their website, but not mentioning BPA in NtK after being non AOS member?

I'm not quite understand the relationship between BPA / IPC / AOS. From my understanding, AOS is the superset that includes BPA and other associations (if any I don't aware of) which all AOS members are allowed to get data from DVLA. IPC is a superset of all independent body to 'judge / suggest' if a PPC is valid, POPLA and IAS are two members of IPC which POPLA seems truly independent / towards drivers and IAS is biased to these scums. Could you please correct me if I understood wrongly? Assume my understandings are sensible, why all BPA members seems go towards POPLA but others go IAS? Is it some regulation of BPA? I also not quite sure the association that UKCPM is in.

For the part of signage, the one in this case is clearly not BPA compliant, but since they left BPA, are there still any clear rules they must follow on the design? Is non BPA compliant signage still a wining point?

Furthermore, were old POPLA wining points based on the law or BPA rules? Do they still applicable in non-POPLA cases / court?

Many thanks!
  • tidegu
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    CM advocates not appealing to the IAS. I suggest she is mistaken.

Unlike PoPLA, the IAS is severely partial towards the PPC. Get an anonymous refusal full of contradiction and cod law from them and the PPC will not want to take the case to court. Besides, it costs them money, and shows a willingness on your part to engage with them.iw.

Thanks! Do you suggest that I should appeal to IAS even if the first appeal is refused? I didn't find many useful information so far, so may I ask if IAS appeal is chargeable to RK or only PPC? I noticed that many places mentions a £15 charge, AFAIK this is to encourage the IAS to make 'independent' judgement (well, ridiculous isn't it), am I wrong? Also, is there anything like POPLA code that I have to request from the PPC or some complete different procedures? Is there any reverse affect if I lose IAS appeal apart from wasting some time?

I'm currently thinking not to bother with the IAS, as I really don't want to spend unnecessary time on it, especially being non-English speaker, it is more difficult for me to write the letter. However, going to court also sounds kinda scary and complex. I can't decide now unless unless I know the most possible outcome - it take some time to research :P
  • tidegu
    Options
    The sign appears to say that if you park without permission you will entering into a contract to pay £100 per day. It doesnt say per day (or part thereof).
    Your vehicle wasnt parked there for a day but for an alleged maximum period of half an hour, or one day divided by 48.
    As the 'contract' doesnt say that a day also means parts of a day you may well consider it quite reasonable that the £100 per 24 hr period could be paid Pro Rata at a total of £4.16p or with the 40% reduction for prompt payment, £2.50.

I remember I read this kind of thoughts quite often, but non in a closed case. Are these points purely kidding or there're actual wining cases could be referred to? Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 June 2017 at 7:11PM
    Options
    You are over-thinking this, relax, but it depends which 'BPA logo' you mean. The AOS BPA logo is a blue roundel and they should not be displaying that if they are an IPC AOS member (amber yellow roundel).

If they are just displaying the BPA triangle logo or the BPA square capital letters as shown bottom right of the letter you showed us above, that means nothing more than they are members, which they can be, without being in the BPA AOS.

Looking at the sign you showed us, it's an old version (that is a BPA AOS roundel) so keep that as your evidence just in case, but court Judge isn't particularly likely to know the difference. BUt it's unlikely to go to court, 99% don't. Just ignore it unless you get court papers or a Letter before Claim from UKCPM a solicitor (NOT a debt collector, ignore that).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tidegu
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You are over-thinking this, relax, but it depends which 'BPA logo' you mean. The AOS BPA logo is a blue roundel and they should not be diplaying that if they are an IPC AOS member (amber yellow roundel).

If they are just displaying the BPA triangle logo or the BPA square capital letters as shown bottom right of the letter you showed us above, that means nothing more than they are members, which they can be, without being in the BPA AOS.

Looking at the sign you showed us, it's an old version (that is a BPA AOS roundel) so keep that as your evidence just in case, but court Judge isn't particularly likely to know the difference. BUt it's unlikely to go to court, 99% don't. Just ignore it unless you get court papers or a Letter before Claim from UKCPM a solicitor (NOT a debt collector, ignore that).

I have just received a letter from solicitors, but it doesn't look any like the sticky thread about LBA. Would you please quickly confirm if this is actually a LBA? Best of all, any further suggestions?

I am trying, intensively, to read and understand the sticky thread, but since the letter is dated 4 days ago and I just received it, I feel the clock is ticking so please forgive me sending this nudge.

120rnl1.jpg
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    '... may now instruct us ....' Notice who payment is to be made to? Yep good old DRP. This is a further letter in the threatogram debt recovery chain. We do not advise communicating with debt collectors.

Gladstones are issuing claims on behalf of some PPCs, but this letter is not a claim. Watch out for one headed 'Letter of Claim' (or similar) or real court papers, either of which needs response.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the fools in charge here have unfortunately PPR`d CM this week due to a spat with robs your uncles brother so no replies from her from now on I`m afraid :(
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    I cannot comment on the sense and sensibilities of the people who run this forum. Suffice to say that it's usually the wrong people who get targeted.

(I'm sure you'll derive the subtext of the above statement). :)
  • tidegu
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    '... may now instruct us ....' Notice who payment is to be made to? Yep good old DRP. This is a further letter in the threatogram debt recovery chain. We do not advise communicating with debt collectors.

Gladstones are issuing claims on behalf of some PPCs, but this letter is not a claim. Watch out for one headed 'Letter of Claim' (or similar) or real court papers, either of which needs response.

Thanks Umkomaas. For being an non-English speaker, I am not very confident if I got you point correct. Would you please let me know if you meant this letter is not a LBA and I should keep ignoring?

Yes, this letter is extremely confusing for me, as the declared claimant is PPC but urges me to pay DRP, it looks weird! I was about to draft a reply as against LBA until I realized I have no idea if I am going to defend against PPC or DRP :(

For more information, I sent the first response to PPC a long while ago and specifically request a few information, but their reply was nowhere near what I asked. I will post my request and their reply very soon. Hope they could help you amazing guys help me better. Many thanks.
  • tidegu
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    the fools in charge here have unfortunately PPR`d CM this week due to a spat with robs your uncles brother so no replies from her from now on I`m afraid :(

Thanks Redex. Regret being a non-native English speaker, I could hardly get the "humor". What does PPR stand for? Are you saying CM will no longer (at least shortly) able to help? Oh, it is sorry and very stressful to hear that. Hope the same thing won't happen to other amazing helpers - otherwise I will in alone when I receive the actual LBA :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure