IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPM ticket no NtD, NtK arrived more than 14 days after dated.

Options

Comments

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Regarding VAT....

Should a PPC's VAT No. be shown on a PCN?

I have read HMRC's website info and a post on PePiPoo regarding VAT but wondered if anyone has a definitive answer.

I own a VAT registered business so know something about the workings of it.
    If they are offering you a service then yes it should be shown on a PCN. For example a Parking sign which says:-
    Permit holders £0
    Other motorists £100
    Is a supply of a service and therefore be vatable.

In this case there is no offer to non permit holders and therefore no breach of contract.
  • It's interesting that I also received a penalty notice from UK Car Park Management with an issue date of the 1st of December 2015 and an incident time/date: 12:59 29/11/2015.
    There was no ticket placed on my windscreen.
    I live on a private estate where a valid parking permit is necessary for a residents and visitors.
    Needless to say I had a valid permit placed in my windscreen, and they still send me a demand for money through the post ten days after the apparent incident.
    The frustrating point of all this is, I am fighting a former case with them, and am due to appear in Brentford county court on the 25th of January 2016.
    It's all such a scam, and I'm frustrated and angry that these companies are allowed to operate t all.
    I've literally found this forum tonight as I'm was wondering how to defend myself in court as I simply can't afford to employ the services of a solicitor.
    Best of luck with your situation Tidegu, and I admire all the other contributors to the various forums.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,350 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's interesting that I also received a penalty notice from UK Car Park Management with an issue date of the 1st of December 2015 and an incident time/date: 12:59 29/11/2015.
    There was no ticket placed on my windscreen.
    I live on a private estate where a valid parking permit is necessary for a residents and visitors.
    Needless to say I had a valid permit placed in my windscreen, and they still send me a demand for money through the post ten days after the apparent incident.
    The frustrating point of all this is, I am fighting a former case with them, and am due to appear in Brentford county court on the 25th of January 2016.
    It's all such a scam, and I'm frustrated and angry that these companies are allowed to operate t all.
    I've literally found this forum tonight as I'm was wondering how to defend myself in court as I simply can't afford to employ the services of a solicitor.
    Best of luck with your situation Tidegu, and I admire all the other contributors to the various forums.

Have you bought the Parking-Pranksters court guide? It's a few quid and I'm led to believe it is very good.
    If you need more help read the court section of the NEWBIES thread an then start your own thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fond

http://www.parking-prankster.com/court-claim.html

and

here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

good luck and please follow the good advice given ... inc starting a new thread

Ralph:cool:
  • Mike172
    Mike172 Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    They play their own game honestly I wouldn't worry about the signage thing or compliance, they could hold your pets hostage and still get away with it. They are part of the IPC now so anything goes (in their favor and not yours).

UKCPM always loved to do the 'didnt place a ticket on the windscreen' thing. Cant believe they are doing court it isnt like them atall.
    Mike172 vs. UKCPM
    Won:20
    Lost: 0
    Pending: 0
    Times Ghosted: 15
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    tidegu wrote: »
    Thanks. I've just read this page. Seems that this incident was happened before they changed to IPC. I'm kinda familiar with BPA / POPLA procedures, but IPC seems a complete different story to me :( Hope to see some case on IPC challenges - I have tried for quite a while but haven't found some similar / useful case. Any further suggestions? Thanks!

DO NOT TRY.

Isn't the NEWBIES thread clear in post #3 where it talks about IAS stage and why not to bother - and what your options are instead? ...which include ignoring it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tidegu
    tidegu Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    DO NOT TRY.

Isn't the NEWBIES thread clear in post #3 where it talks about IAS stage and why not to bother - and what your options are instead? ...which include ignoring it.

Thanks C-M. Sorry for being non-native English speaker, so I did't quite get your point - could you please kindly be a bit more specific?

I did read the post you mentioned, many times, and understood appealing to IAS makes no sense. But I'm still not quite sure the best action I should do. As what I understood, if the scums send off IAS code, I should ignore that and wait for debt collector letters (and ignoring them too?) or court letter, am I right?

Last thing I wanna mention, in case you did not notice, is the signage was displaying BPA while NtK mentions IAS. Will the inaccurate signage ultimately invalidate the NtK? Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No, nothing is worth arguing as 'invalidating' the charge and many PPCs are ordinary 'members' of the BPA at the same time as being AOS members of the IPC.

You could use the response suggested by the Parking Prankster if you wish. That is shown in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread. But do not reply again, just once, if at all.

You can ignore debt collector letters (e.e. those shown in post #4 of the NEWBIES thread from firms like Debt Recovery Plus, who also use the names 'Zenith' and 'PCS'. Ignore but keep those letters.

Do not ignore court papers and do not ignore a 'Letter before Claim' if it comes from the PPC or a solicitor. Come back if you get that.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    CM advocates not appealing to the IAS. I suggest she is mistaken.

Unlike PoPLA, the IAS is severely partial towards the PPC. Get an anonymous refusal full of contradiction and cod law from them and the PPC will not want to take the case to court. Besides, it costs them money, and shows a willingness on your part to engage with them.iw.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Simplythebeast
    Options
    The sign appears to say that if you park without permission you will entering into a contract to pay £100 per day. It doesnt say per day (or part thereof).
    Your vehicle wasnt parked there for a day but for an alleged maximum period of half an hour, or one day divided by 48.
    As the 'contract' doesnt say that a day also means parts of a day you may well consider it quite reasonable that the £100 per 24 hr period could be paid Pro Rata at a total of £4.16p or with the 40% reduction for prompt payment, £2.50.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure