Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning

Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2016 - Page 172

New Post Advanced Search

Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2016

3K replies 438K views

Replies

• Hovis91Hovis91 Forumite
    285 posts
    Brats....it was included...it is a BOGOF so you are paying for one but because it was brunch it had all the breakfast items(my favs)and lunch aswell.It was the only buffet that actually had some taste,all the others seemed so bland.Our server never had to be reminded for drinks....you had a sip and he filled it up right away,where as at Aria we paid for the drinks package and it was almost like they take their time on purpose and it's almost begrudged!
    285 posts
    We have done 13 trips to Vegas and I have definately had the "lets leave it next year" moment,but then after a couple of months it starts creeping up on me...the longing to go back...and before you know it ...we are booked again!!!
    My poor OH would probably love to go somewhere else but he is like me in thinking Vegas has everything you could possibly want...the pools ,the weather,the food,the entertainment,the shopping,the sights....where else can you go where it is all there for you to do???
    But we really must stop telling people how fabulous it is,because it gets more and more busy every time we go!!!!;)
  • StuieUK34StuieUK34 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    your right ;);)
    Wifey wants to do Orlando next year taking her daughter and other family members......
    So I'm already thinking about doing a 1 week Orlando, and 10 night vegas for next year ! :D:D
    There is no other place to give that buzz feeling we get in Vegas....
    Guess I'm just disgruntled because I didn't win this year, but then again, my wife never won in the previous trips when I did, so I guess I know how she felt, etc etc :)
  • Brats64Brats64 Forumite
    440 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Hovis91 wrote: »
    Brats....it was included...it is a BOGOF so you are paying for one but because it was brunch it had all the breakfast items(my favs)and lunch aswell.It was the only buffet that actually had some taste,all the others seemed so bland.Our server never had to be reminded for drinks....you had a sip and he filled it up right away,where as at Aria we paid for the drinks package and it was almost like they take their time on purpose and it's almost begrudged!

Sorry about this Hovis...maybe I'm being a bit thick.

But did you get the 2-1 lunch buffet at MB and use it on the Friday ?

Looking at MB's buffet page,it shows brunch fri-sun paying $5 extra for unlimited champagne.

Rest of the week it's just a lunch buffet.
    Is there a brunch reward option that I maybe can't see ?
    285 posts
    Sorry Brats....it's my jet lag....it was a breakfast reward that could be used for lunch as well....yes it cost about $30 which for 1 buffet and 2 of us unlimited mimosas (Friday we did it) which was excellent value and am defo going to do this one in October.Talking of jetlag...I have been awake since 6.00 am yesterday(U.S time) and now I can hardly keep my eyes open but am determined to stay awake till my regular bedtime which is sometime soon....zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • secretmachinessecretmachines Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    hi everyone :) for those who have been recently, how have you found asking for upgrades at check-in?

if we book for next year, i'm thinking of booking an entry level room somewhere (probably Vdara... again :D) and then trying to get an upgrade at check-in. I did this a couple of years ago and got a better room for about $30/night.

i'd be happy to pay for the nightly increase, but of course only if the "$50 extra per night" they might quote is cheaper than selecting the upgraded room when booking, eg.

Basic room online = $100/night
    Fancy room online = $175/night
    Fancy room Check-in offer = $50/night extra
    = $25/night saving

of course you run the risk of full occupancy/unavailability if you're banking on a better room...
  • bobbyhibsbobbyhibs Forumite
    619 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    brats-
    for me its kicked in now i wanna book back up again, but the past week i ve been bad with jeglag and for the initial few days it was never again but now im sorta like lets book up for next year!

im unsure if i would wanna go anywhere else holiday wise, just a couple on the * to do* list dubai and australia and maybe popping over to dublin and belfast for a few days here and there.

a bit of advice though when do people start booking things up? for us we got everything sorted dead early e.g around august last year for our trip in june 2016 so sorta unsure if doing things early is best or just after xmas any advice most welcomed here.

secretmachines- i have no experince in getting/asking for an upgrade sorry
  • John259John259 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Sixth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    bobbyhibs wrote: »
    im unsure if i would wanna go anywhere else holiday wise
    Maybe you could combine Las Vegas with a road trip?
    It's only one day by road from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, or Zion and Bryce Canyon in southwestern Utah.
    Two days to the beautiful San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado, or Arches and Canyonlands in eastern Utah, or Yosemite in central California, or the Pacific Coast Highway.

Just an idea.
    "Such an enormous country, you realize when you cross it" - Jack Kerouac
  • Brats64Brats64 Forumite
    440 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Just went onto myvegas to chose some of the 2-1 breakfast/lunch buffets are they have gone.:mad:

Even though on out trip last month they weren't the best.We would still have got the Aria and Bellagio ones....but not showing at all for us.:(

In fact there is virtually nothing now on those 2 hotels...still some available on the other hotels,how long before they disappear also.

Definitely the last rights for the myvegas game.

Oh well,back to paying for everything...at least we won't be stuffed from too many buffets.
  • bobbyhibsbobbyhibs Forumite
    619 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Brats64- gee thats a bit cr*p , though i ve been having problems getting it to load for the last week or so but your right it seems to be going downhill compared to last year when there were quite a few 2xbuffets- i recall getting 2xbuffets for the mgm last year but was gone this year, i think prehaps there was the mirage 2x buffets last year but this year there was maybe just the aria 2xbuffet and loads of 241's

John259- thanks for the ideas, road /bus tour would be fine prehaps ,I doubt im confident enoguh driving over there im afraid!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support