The Mortgage Free in Three - Take 4 challenge (MFiT-T4)

Options

Comments

• Trying_to_be_good
    Options
    sellotape

Lots of us do an informal 'offset' of our savings where their either earning better interest (unusual in this day and age, but will be better when we're not paying as much tax on interest), or we've maxed the overpayment allowance for our individual mortgage deals. If you'd like to do that, just deduct your savings balance from your mortgage balance and report the net figure :-)
    Mortgage Free thanks to ill-health retirement
  • someday_soon
    Options
    Good Luck everyone, for those on their first challenge - the time will fly by.:j It's hard to believe it's 6 years since we sat down and worked out just how much we could afford to overpay and then tried to squeeze the number to get 60k off in 3 years. That 2nd number was not rational,:eek: then we started to plan! We didn't quite make it, but got it in the 4th year. :cool:Biggest tips - meal plan, batch cook, flog what you will never use again! Old cars have much more character than newer ones! Think short term pain for long term SUPER gain. What you are gunning for is choices, choices choices. Seriously. Choices.
    Everyone's personal circumstances are different, so try not to compare your numbers to others. Stay focused and look forward to checking in every 3 months. Short sprints, deep breath and go again.

Someday Soon
    Completely Debt Free 2009:j

Completely Mortgage Free 2013:j
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    :cool:Biggest tips - meal plan, batch cook, flog what you will never use again! Old cars have much more character than newer ones! Think short term pain for long term SUPER gain. What you are gunning for is choices, choices choices. Seriously. Choices.
    Everyone's personal circumstances are different, so try not to compare your numbers to others. Stay focused and look forward to checking in every 3 months. Short sprints, deep breath and go again.

Someday Soon

Thank you - someday soon:beer:
    I'm already flogging, so my next focus needs to be the meal planning and batch cooking you mention. I have been in my kitchen today clearing out the freezer in readiness for this.:) and clearing out some cupboards too, so I know what I have and what I need.:D

Done the lower cupboards and drawers today, so tomorrow it will be all the top cupboards. As for figures, I love to see all the figures, I think "wish I had your salary with my mortgage" :rotfl:and the others will probably think "wish I had your mortgage with my salary":rotfl: but as you say - everyone's personal circumstances are different.

Can't wait to get started.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • icontinuetodream
    Options
    I'm in again! Change of circumstances meant no ops this year and no financial change happening for a while, but I will get this mortgage gone within the next three years if it kills me! ;):D
    Mortgage 12.12.12 £55842 12.12.13 £42716 14.12.14 £28837 13.12.15 £25913
    Mortgage OP £50/£600 House Fund £420/£5000
  • Karona
    Karona Posts: 20 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie, please be gentle with me :) Ive been waiting for this thread. I can't wait to get started. I'll post my starting figures early jan after payment gone out and set a target. Let the adventure begin x
    LBM 2015 24500 debt paid off since.
    M-FIT T5 no 41 starting 25139 aim to clear now 17k
    PAID OFF CAR 8k, OD 3k, CC(1)3k ,CC (2)4.5, Cc (3) 3k STORECARD(1) 3k
    WEIGHT 7/42
  • princess295
    Options
    Ive just registered, its my first challenge so i hope i completed registration correctly.
    I have a mortgage of £68,709.23 hoping to reduce it to £50,000 I have only had the mortgage since august and already made overpayments of £1000 so hope the challenge will keep me focused and get as much paid off as possible. :)
  • trix-a-belle
    Options
    Karona wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie, please be gentle with me :) Ive been waiting for this thread. I can't wait to get started. I'll post my starting figures early jan after payment gone out and set a target. Let the adventure begin x

Hi Karona
    if you'd like to put a registration form in now to get on the list for a number you can always update the figures nearer the start

trix
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • selloptape
    Options
    sellotape

Lots of us do an informal 'offset' of our savings where their either earning better interest (unusual in this day and age, but will be better when we're not paying as much tax on interest), or we've maxed the overpayment allowance for our individual mortgage deals. If you'd like to do that, just deduct your savings balance from your mortgage balance and report the net figure :-)

Thank you Trying to be good :)
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would love to join please. FinancialBliss diary was the first I ever read and completely inspired me! I think I forgot about this challenge last time as was away from the forums for a while. I am back with renewed energy as we will have some additional borrowing for a planned extension I hope to pay off as fast as I can.

Not sure of figures yet but would love to join and will update as soon as I can.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • trix-a-belle
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    I would love to join please. FinancialBliss diary was the first I ever read and completely inspired me! I think I forgot about this challenge last time as was away from the forums for a while. I am back with renewed energy as we will have some additional borrowing for a planned extension I hope to pay off as fast as I can.

Not sure of figures yet but would love to join and will update as soon as I can.

I had a quick read of your diary this morning Cath, great news! I've set aside the same number from T3 for you, just let me know your figures when you've had a think and done some planning :)
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure