🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What to do if you have no signal and the operator does nothing?

Options
n1guy
n1guy Posts: 685 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Need some advice here as I have ran out of ideas. I am 11 months into a 24 month contract with O2, About 2 months ago my signal at home has gone from being average to non existent.

I let this run for about a month until I contacted O2, the time I contacted O2 they happened to be doing work in my area, I explained this has been an on going thing not a 1 day event, they wouldn't listen and put it down to this work being done. I contacted them several times over a week and got the same reply. I then contacted the CEO, they called me straight away in fairness and said the same thing.

A few days later O2 send me a text saying work has been completed but I still had no signal I contacted the CEO again who said wait another 24hrs, so I did and still no signal so I contacted them again and they avoided me and its been like that since.

I lodged an official complaint and got an auto responder saying they would respond within 7 days, 7 days came and went no reply. I contacted customer services rather ****ed off at this stage, they transferred it to level 2 technical support who told me they would do an investigation and get back to me, of course they didn't so I contacted them again, they completed their investigation and told me I am in an area with very poor to no coverage, they told me there was nothing else they could do to help so sent me back to customer services to discuss my contract options, customer services said basically tough, signal is not guaranteed.

I lodged another complaint 7 days came and went no reply, contacted the CEO again and no reply so that's where I'm at now being avoided with no signal.

What do I do next?

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You demand a (partial?) refund for the months without signal and cancellation without any penalties.
    If they refuse and/or if 8 weeks passed since you complained first, you take the case to the ombudsman.
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This happened to me with o2 a year ago ish. I kept on at them and complained in writing. They eventually let me out of the contract penalty free (upon my request) as long as I returned the handset.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 4 December 2015 at 3:24AM
    Options
    If your signal changes in the same location/handset to no signal and they admit changes they have admitted liability of not being able to provide services as per the T&C. o2 have breached the contract to your detriment, cancellation or them providing services via another telco for your remaining term is o2 only option.

Call Ofcom, log the complaint as you have stated above, ask for your complaint lodge reference number and contact o2 CEO and o2 Complaints Review Service by email again using 'Ofcom Registered Complaint Ref XXXXXX' as your subject title.

I done this yesterday about 3 to Ofcom, after a sleep I will be sending that complaint off to 3 Executive and CEO office.

If they dont sort it out within 5 working days, proceed to Ombudsman as 8 weeks have already passed and you have given their 'impartial' team a last chance saloon.

Review/ombudsman/o2 complaints details http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • n1guy
    Options
    diamonds wrote: »
    If your signal changes in the same location/handset to no signal and they admit changes they have admitted liability of not being able to provide services as per the T&C. o2 have breached the contract to your detriment, cancellation or them providing services via another telco for your remaining term is o2 only option.

Call Ofcom, log the complaint as you have stated above, ask for your complaint lodge reference number and contact o2 CEO and o2 Complaints Review Service by email again using 'Ofcom Registered Complaint Ref XXXXXX' as your subject title.

I done this yesterday about 3 to Ofcom, after a sleep I will be sending that complaint off to 3 Executive and CEO office.

If they dont sort it out within 5 working days, proceed to Ombudsman as 8 weeks have already passed and you have given their 'impartial' team a last chance saloon.

Review/ombudsman/o2 complaints details http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I never went to Ofcom, it said on their site they don't investigate individual complaints so I went direct to the Ombudsman, they gave me a reference number so I sent that to the CEO again.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    n1guy wrote: »
    I never went to Ofcom, it said on their site they don't investigate individual complaints so I went direct to the Ombudsman, they gave me a reference number so I sent that to the CEO again.

Ofcom dont investigate but must record complaints. Let us know how you get on.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • n1guy
    Options
    I sent them my reference number they didn't reply.
  • grumbler
    Options
    So, have 8 weeks passed or not?
    If yes, then go to the ombudsman. Ofcom is a red herring not an ombudsman.
  • n1guy
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    So, have 8 weeks passed or not?
    If yes, then go to the ombudsman. Ofcom is a red herring not an ombudsman.

Issue is on going from October.
  • n1guy
    Options
    Right another update on this. Network support contacted me today, after carrying out tests they said they are surprised I ever had signal to begin with. I was passed to customer support who said best they can do is wave the air time contact and I pay the price of the handset which is £200, I said I will return handset then they said no can do. Is this a good deal or not?
  • grumbler
    Options
    n1guy wrote: »
    ...I said I will return handset then they said no can do. Is this a good deal or not?
    This depends on what they actually said - in plain English, please.

If you mean paying £200, then your question makes no sense because it's still a secret what handset it is and what was its market price when your contract started.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport