Online supermarket shopping

Options
1235»

Comments

• mavisangelica
    Options
    msb5262 wrote: »
    Hello, I decided that getting the shopping delivered was the only way to save my sanity...very pleased to see that Sainsburys are currently doing a 12 month anytime delivery pass for £30 instead of the usual £60. It will take about 7 or 8 deliveries to recoup the cost for the year! This offer is only valid over the next few days so might be useful to someone else? Warning - there is a glitch on their website so my payment went through at £60 but was corrected at once when I rang up.

I have had an email today to say Asda have the same offer so signed up.
    Ditch 100 in January Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in February Challenge 114/100
    Ditch 100 in March Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in April Challenge 75/100
  • emilygilmore
    Options
    My ocado pass runs out this month and they want £70 to renew (midweek), there don't seem to be any offers on ocado at the moment but will some come soon? Don't really want to switch as nobody else stocks caviar :beer:
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We use Morrisons a couple of times per month for the bulky items (we currently have no car) like tins, cans etc etc.For fresh ingredients I do prefer to go into store or hubby gets it from the butchers. Sainsburys is another we use but only when they send me a £10 off £50 shop email.
    :money::rotfl::T
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 February 2016 at 2:05PM
    Options
    Just updating my experience as an online supermarket newbie.
    Asda was offering a free first delivery. Entered the code and no charge. Got an emaiil reminding me that I could change my order. Which I ended up doing but somehow that cancels the free delivery offer. Not impressed.
    One item substituted though I had set no substitutions as a default option. Also a double item missing but charged for. Couldn't find the website 'refund' option and had to search around for a customer services number. Refund agreed - which doesn't tally with the cost of the missing items. But it's more so not complaining!
    Sainsburys spot on. Lovely cheery delivery guy who knew I was a 'first timer' and pointed out the telephone number in case there were any issues.
    Asda and Sainsburys are the only supermarkets which home deliver in my area. However Tesco does a local click and collect. Tesco requires you to register to see the delivery postcodes so wouldn't register on principle anyway.
    Not going with any delivery passes. I'm retired so my time is my own and both supermarkets have £1 delivery slots. I reckon I'll only need between 15 - 20 deliveries a year in total.
  • tryingtocutback
    Options
    Hi everyone

I realise I have to pay delivery charge but I think I will save money if I order my groceries online from Tesco for delivery.

I tried to reserve a delivery slot but it says it will only hold for 2 hours and I'm not ready with my list just yet - do you know if I can reserve a slot without placing my order yet?

Any other tips would be most welcome too!

Thanks.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

I realise I have to pay delivery charge but I think I will save money if I order my groceries online from Tesco for delivery.

I tried to reserve a delivery slot but it says it will only hold for 2 hours and I'm not ready with my list just yet - do you know if I can reserve a slot without placing my order yet?

Any other tips would be most welcome too!

Thanks.

What I do is put things in my basket and then checkout which keeps your slot, I then go in nearer the delivery time to edit my order and complete my order.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ColinFishwick
    Options
    Good service in India then
    Ganeshbabu wrote: »
    i have had very good service from big basket. i have been very pleased with the fresh vegetables.Working full time, and having delivery between 8-9am.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure