mardatha wrote: »
    Is Ocado not just in England?

Some areas of England and Wales.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    anneliza wrote: »
    Tesco's etc have their shoppers in store so if they find things out of stock on the day they do your shopping that is just tough.

Not all Tesco deliveries come from local supermarkets. There are a number of "dark stores" including one at Erith which uses robotic technology similar to that used by Ocado.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I usually shop in ALD1, love the fruit n veg and offers, but also get Mr Ms to deliver now and again. It saves me the hassle of driving there, shopping and packing, and trying to avoid the crowds :)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    I usually shop in ALD1, love the fruit n veg and offers, but also get Mr Ms to deliver now and again. It saves me the hassle of driving there, shopping and packing, and trying to avoid the crowds :)

I do like the Super 6 as well but Aldi is a 20 minute walk across town so sometimes I visit pick up some of the Super 6 buying one or two bags of groceries and walk back. I've just spent an hour to save about £2 so it's not the end of the world paying a few pounds more to get Morrisons to deliver. I can then use the time saved to earn more than £2. I could do a bigger shop but then I'd require a £3.50 taxi back which I then have to figure out if it's worth it or not.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • JamieKent
    Options
    I last week tried Sainsbury's service for the first time. Nothing out the ordinary, just slightly frustrated with the carrier bag option at checkout, either no bags or a 40p charge. I would rather have been given some bag for life's.

Saw that there was a first time discount voucher and saved £18 on top of the other savings.

I registered my other half for this week's shop to use the code again and it still works.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JamieKent wrote: »
    I last week tried Sainsbury's service for the first time. Nothing out the ordinary, just slightly frustrated with the carrier bag option at checkout, either no bags or a 40p charge. I would rather have been given some bag for life's.

Morrisons credit you with the price of bags if you give them back to the driver at your next delivery.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Options
    How is the shopping delivered if not in bags?
    Plus do you check it on delivery or do they accept your word if there is an issue?
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    How is the shopping delivered if not in bags?
    Plus do you check it on delivery or do they accept your word if there is an issue?

It's delivered in bags. You save the bags and give them back to the driver next time you have a delivery.

The driver tells you whether any substitutions have been made and you decide whether to accept them or not.
  • gunsandbanjos
    Options
    I use Sainsburys or Waitrose and have never had any issues with either of them. Though just bought a Sainsburys delivery pass as it was in their Black Friday offers so will be using them for the next 6 months - 6 month anytime delivery pass was £17.95 which I thought was quite good value.

I like the convenience of my shopping being delivered and I find I spend less as no impulse buys!

I've been ill all week and not really up to fighting my way through crowds right now, put through an order to Sainsburys at 10pm last night and it's coming between 2 and 3 today, can't complain really!

I love the convenience age we live in.

My daughter had spinal surgery 5 weeks ago and I ordered groceries from my iPad in the hospital to be delivered the evening we returned home. There's no way I could have taken her to a supermarket with me or left her to do it by myself so it was my only option other than friends & family who had offered but I didn't want to impose.

So yes, I'm a fan of it!! Plus it saves my blood pressure as stupid people in supermarkets make me grumpy.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • msb5262
    msb5262 Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, I decided that getting the shopping delivered was the only way to save my sanity...very pleased to see that Sainsburys are currently doing a 12 month anytime delivery pass for £30 instead of the usual £60. It will take about 7 or 8 deliveries to recoup the cost for the year! This offer is only valid over the next few days so might be useful to someone else? Warning - there is a glitch on their website so my payment went through at £60 but was corrected at once when I rang up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure