a bit of a fantasy - what would you do if you had a £100000 windfall?

Options

Comments

• Broken_Biscuits
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has give the answer I'm about to...

I'm working towards financial independence and have percentages allocated to various investment types. The amount is not really relevant at all, I would continue to invest at the same percentages I currently am.

I would do nothing different at all, just that I would get to the end result faster.
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    £50k in Premium Bonds
    £50k on an Alfa Romeo 4C Spider
  • racing_blue
    Options
    The amount is not really relevant at all, I would continue to invest at the same percentages I currently am.

Would it affect your choice of investment wrapper? It would take about 6 years to stash £100K in an ISA for example
  • snowqueen555
    Options
    I'd probably do the below

10k to my family
    25k for a deposit on a place
    60k invested in bonds and funds, but very cautious
    5k A long backpacking trip

I'd probably pursue a career change with the breathing space. I can only dream :)
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm surprised no one has give the answer I'm about to...

I'm working towards financial independence and have percentages allocated to various investment types. The amount is not really relevant at all, I would continue to invest at the same percentages I currently am.

I would do nothing different at all, just that I would get to the end result faster.
    Many (most of answers ) were on these lines , - funds , s&s , bonds etc -all investments. Wonder how come you have not seen it ?
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd buy a house that has better facilities to suit the lifestyle I'd aspire to if I thought I'd ever get more money :)

e.g. an en-suite, a garage a good utility room and a better-orientated garden.

That'd cost £100k extra. So, with the change, I'd buy an indian takeaway.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If I die, it's 40% inheritance tax, so will try to spend it.

There's a 20 day packaged tour from St. Petersburg to Vladivostok, using the Trans-Siberian railway. £5,500 per person, two sharing, so assume £8,000 including single person supplement. 10th June 2016.

It's actually quite difficult to SPEND £100k. I suppose you can buy First class tickets and stay in Presidential Suites, but you are not really getting value for money.

What I really want to do is to take over the world.
    Crowd funding? If it costs say $100billion to take over the world, which let's say is worth $10trillion, that's a bloody good investment.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pincher wrote: »
    It's actually quite difficult to SPEND £100k.
    Let me know if you need any help with your £100K.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Let me know if you need any help with your £100K.

A beautiful woman who pays her half, so I don't have to pay single person supplement, and doesn't hog the duvet. If you know any one like that, help away.

Value for money: we are on MSE.
  • dealer_wins
    Options
    Spend £20K (nice hols and gadgets etc), invest £80K in shares for my future!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure