Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Comments

• Thanks to everyone who posts on here first of all. I spent 3 weeks browsing london hotels for our mini honeymoon (typical female who shops around!). In the end (after new hubby decided his brother could help - and then couldnt!) all the top secret hotel deals I found, identified on here, and liked are now gone. but I found a new one woohooo!! GRANGE ST PAULS 5* :j £417 for 4 nights

Details below as shown on the top secret hotel page.

<LI class=text>Amazing City hotel with luxury spa &pool,book now! - 5* - London
    This luxurious and elegant hotel in Central London is the place to stay during your visit to the capital! The hotel features three restaurants and a 24-hour bar where you can enjoy all your favourite drinks. Guests can use the luxurious health club and indoor swimming pool, steam and sauna free of charge during their stay. Discover this city by day and night.

Hotel name and address: This information will be provided on your confirmation e-mail

Business facilities
    • Audio/Visual Equipment
    • Banqueting Centre
    • Internet
    • Business Centre
    • Conference Rooms
    • Flipchart
    • Meeting Rooms
    • Photocopying
    • TV

Children facilities
    • Babysitting
    • Children's menu
    • Cot on request
    • Crib on request
    • High Chairs

Disabled facilities
    • Accessible Rooms

Hotel facilities
    • 24 hour security
    • Air Conditioning
    • Air-conditioning in public areas
    • Airport transfers
    • Banqueting facilities
    • City tours
    • Dry cleaning
    • Elevator/Lift
    • Free newspaper
    • Laundry
    • Limousine Service
    • Lobby bar
    • Luggage room
    • Night Porter
    • Porter
    • Private car transfers
    • Reception (24 hours)
    • Safety Deposit Boxes
    • Theatre reservations
    • Tour desk
    • Wireless internet
    • Free internet in the lobby
    • 24 hour concierge

Leisure facilities
    • Fitness Center
    • Gym
    • Indoor Pool

Room facilities
    • Room Service
    • Air Conditioning
    • Cable television
    • Complimentary toiletries
    • Connecting Rooms
    • Double-glazed windows
    • Flat screen LCD TV
    • Telephone
    • Voicemail
    • Work desk with lamp
    • Modem Access
    • Hairdryer
    • Mini-bar
    • Pay TV
    • Iron & ironing board
    • Safe
    • Private bathroom with bath/shower

Smoking policy
    • Smoking not permitted
    Check-in time: 14:00 Check-out time: 11:00

Local Attractions
    • River Thames
    • National Gallery
    • West End
    • Trafalgar Square
    • City of London
    • Covent Garden
    • St Paul's Cathedral

Credit cards accepted by hotel
    • American Express
    • Diners Club International
    • Mastercard
    • Visa
    Thanks again to everyone on here and hope everyone has a great stay in London, no matter where you stay XX
  • superrug_2
    superrug_2 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Well I decided to hold on becuase theres not been much on recently , trouble is its only 4 days till i need a hotel , maybe i should have bit the bullet and got one the other day.

If anyone comes across anything good for the 1st April (Friday) that would be great for my missus and my nerves lol
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • superrug_2
    superrug_2 Posts: 83 Forumite
    superrug wrote: »
    Well I decided to hold on becuase theres not been much on recently , trouble is its only 4 days till i need a hotel , maybe i should have bit the bullet and got one the other day.

If anyone comes across anything good for the 1st April (Friday) that would be great for my missus and my nerves lol

So ive found the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge at £130 , good deal ??? Worth booking ? Looks nice
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • 2522laura
    2522laura Posts: 695 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OK, haven't been hugely successful on the pools front (there were a couple of other cheapish ones I found with pools but there were other reasons why I wouldn't recommend them).

Milennium and Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea fc £89/£110 b&b (tripsta)
    Hilton Canary Wharf £107 b&b via Hilton website, also available through other agents
    The Park City £111 (olotels)/£125 b&b (asda)
    Park Plaza Victoria 116 b&b (tripsta)
    Riverbank Park Plaza 116 b&b (otel)
    Park Plaza Westminster Bridge £118 (olotels) - this one has a pool
    Royal Lancaster £122 b&b (hotels4u)
    K West £99 (expedia)
    Millennium Bailey's 104 b&b (alpharooms)
    Marriott West India Quay £111 (expedia)
    "Modern hotel near Tower Bridge - Central" - Hilton tower bridge £123.75 (lastminute secret)
    "Outstanding hotel located in Paddington" Hilton London Paddington £93.75 (lastminute secret)
    "Stylish Kensington hotel ideal for museums" Crowne Plaza Kensington £99 (lastminute secret)
    "Intimate and Luxury Boutique Hotel in Hyde Park" Royal Park Hotel £126.99 (lastminute secret)
    "Stylish, vibrant & ideal for London shopping" The Andaz £130 (lastminute secret) - 5-star hotel, worth choosing the £20 extra breakfast option as it's a good breakfast.

Thank you so much for your help, it is really really appreciated, you are a star! :)
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Pelican_eats_pigeon Posts: 783 Forumite
    edited 28 March 2011 at 10:15AM
    superrug wrote: »
    So ive found the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge at £130 , good deal ??? Worth booking ? Looks nice

Good hotel, reasonable deal if it includes breakfast, not great if it doesn't.

Just want to reassure you that hotels are not selling out at all for the 1st so prices are still likely to go down rather than up. I'll have a little look for you in the middle of the night tonight.
  • jtr63
    jtr63 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good hotel, reasonable deal if it includes breakfast, not great if it doesn't.

Just want to reassure you that hotels are not selling out at all for the 1st so prices are still likely to go down rather than up. I'll have a little look for you in the middle of the night tonight.

P_e_p

We are also looking for this weekend. When in the week do the prices start dropping ? Can you get lower details speaking to the hotels directly ?

John.
  • Hi, best to wait till after the weekend for the most attractive prices.

Thanks Pelican

The Atheneum you mention looks good but not seen it at £150 yet for this coming weekend.

I will wait until Wed to see if it is available but if not any other suggestions.

Much appreciated.
    Maisie
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Pelican_eats_pigeon Posts: 783 Forumite
    edited 29 March 2011 at 7:54AM
    Looking for all three of you now. The Athenaeum "Top West End Hotel" is available for this weekend at £150/nt. For those of you who are prepared to pay up to this price for quality, well, I'm sure you've seen all the positive comments on here from people who ended up there. Recommend to get breakfast at the Wolseley nearby instead of at the hotel.

Most hotels won't necessarily match the best rates found on the internet, but if you get lucky and manage to speak to the sales manager there's always a chance.
  • superrug wrote: »

Here's your selection:

"Trendy high quality hotel, amazing location" Mercure London city bankside £70 (bit more basic but cheap as chips)
    "Amazing deal at Cool Luxury City Centre Hotel" Crowne Plaza London the City £86.25. V good hotel and great value at this price
    Crowne Plaza London Shoreditch £94 b&b (hotelstayUK). Again, great price
    The Chamberlain £90 (booking.com)
    Megaro hotel £91 (venere)
    "Outstanding hotel located in Paddington" Hilton London Paddington £93.75
    Mint Tower of London £98 (hotelopia)
    "Amazing deal - Fab Paddington Hotel" - Novotel Paddington £99. Has a pool.
    "Stylish Kensington hotel ideal for museums" Crowne Plaza London Kensington £99
    "Upscale property in West London, Kensington" Hilton London Kensington £100
    "Terrific location close to the heart of London" Hilton Islington £100, also £112 b&b with travelrepublic
    Apex City of London £101 (hotelstayuk)/120 b&b (olotels)
    Mint Westminster £102(travelrepublic)/£109 b&b easyclicktravel
    London Bridge Hotel £105 b&b asda
    H10 Waterloo £119/126 b&b (hotelstayuk)
    "Stylish and sophisticated boutique hotel" the Hempel £129 (not to everyone's taste)
    "Top west end hotel" The Athenaeum £150 - great hotel.
    "Luxury boutique Knightsbridge hotel" the Cadogan £150
    The Andaz 151 b&b (hotelstayuk) good deal as breakfast is included
    Renaissance Chancery Court £165 b&b (hotelstayuk) good price for another great hotel.

Of the cheaper ones, I would have Crowne Plaza London the City, London Bridge Hotel and Mint Westminster very high up the list. H10 is very new and early reviews are good.

Still working on the other two.
  • jtr63 wrote: »
    P_e_p

We are also looking for this weekend. When in the week do the prices start dropping ? Can you get lower details speaking to the hotels directly ?

John.

Hotels for Friday & Saturday night, if I remember correctly? Prices haven't come down for Saturday as much as I would have liked but here's a selection:

"Fab & modern hotel near Waterloo & Westminster"
    Novotel Waterloo £99
    Mint Tower Of London £98 (hotelopia)
    Crowne Plaza Shoreditch £100 b&b (olotels)
    London Bridge Hotel 103 b&b (asda)
    "Upscale property in West London, Kensington" Hilton London Kensington £103.12
    Millennium Bailey's 107 £b&b (otel)
    H10 Waterloo £119/126 b&b (hotelstayuk)
    Hilton London Islington £112 b&b (poss only twin available?) travelrepublic
    "Stylish and sophisticated boutique hotel" the Hempel £129 (not to everyone's taste)
    "Top west end hotel" The Athenaeum £150 - great hotel.
    "Luxury boutique Knightsbridge hotel" the Cadogan £150
    "Boutique Knightsbridge Luxury Hotel" (how confusing is that?) Jumeirah Lowndes hotel £150
    The Andaz 151 b&b (hotelstayuk) good deal as breakfast is included
    Renaissance Chancery Court £165 b&b (hotelstayuk) good price for another great hotel.

Obvious value choice here is the London Bridge Hotel.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback