Parcel is - No Show - what now?

Options

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    campdave wrote: »
    Arrange redelivery using the form on the RM website.

Send confirmation email to your own email address and forward it to your buyer.

Amazing how many items are found when it's "officially" logged in this way.

Thank you, just completed the request form and will e-mail copy to buyer. Lets hope it works, but i have to wait till Tuesday, so cloud will not lift till i know package has arrived safely.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Ok, today came and went, with no parcel showing up at my buyers address and i am assured they were in all day. have also asked them to check with neighbours, you never know.

Should i wait till Thursday which will be 10 days after due delivery date, or just refund tomorrow? and take the loss.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,246 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok, today came and went, with no parcel showing up at my buyers address and i am assured they were in all day. have also asked them to check with neighbours, you never know.

Should i wait till Thursday which will be 10 days after due delivery date, or just refund tomorrow? and take the loss.

It's up to you to decide how long you can get buyer to wait.

If you refund do it correctly as otherwise you will get another defect.

The way I have done it (and I'm sure there are other ways) is to mark the payment as not received, then you can cancel the transaction using 'issues with buyer address' option and that opens a box that says do you want to refund- click yes and it is all done automatically.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    buyer checking with neighbours and will get back to me. so will take it from there. thanks for the correct way to refund.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    It's up to you to decide how long you can get buyer to wait.

If you refund do it correctly as otherwise you will get another defect.

The way I have done it (and I'm sure there are other ways) is to mark the payment as not received, then you can cancel the transaction using 'issues with buyer address' option and that opens a box that says do you want to refund- click yes and it is all done automatically.

I am in the middle of refunding and have marked - payment not received -
    but has came up with the message - You marked this item as payment not received, however item was paid with paypal on 23.10.15

So obviously i'm not on the right page.
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I would tell them to start a Claim or you can end up refunding them twice
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    i've been told if i do that it means i will get a "hit" which i cannot afford.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Went on to cancel, but does not give me the option "issues with buyer address". ? unless i tick "other" and type in "issues with buyer address" is this what i should do?
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    E-bay is not really for you if you can not do fully tracked post, you are going to get any profit stolen by dishonest buyers who steal on E_bay for a living.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    E-bay is not really for you if you can not do fully tracked post, you are going to get any profit stolen by dishonest buyers who steal on E_bay for a living.

We all live and learn. My problem is refunding without taking a defect at this moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport