Parcel is - No Show - what now?

I have just received a message from buyer stating they have not received their parcel.What do i do now?
I posted 24.10.15, and the other 2 parcels i posted at the same time have been received ok.
Thanks
Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Assuming it is not tracked , apologise and ask them to wait a few more days and then let you know if it still hasn't arrived. Then if item still hasn't arrived you will need to refund.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Funny, but i just had a feeling about this one once i had posted it, with getting feedback for the other items sent at the same time, and was actually watching for a message to tell me they had not received it yet. (Mystic meg or what?).

Will do as you suggest above, can i claim from the PO with the proof of posting? and how long do i ask buyer to wait. Dark cloud over my head atm:(
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • soolin
    Funny, but i just had a feeling about this one once i had posted it, with getting feedback for the other items sent at the same time, and was actually watching for a message to tell me they had not received it yet. (Mystic meg or what?).

Will do as you suggest above, can i claim from the PO with the proof of posting? and how long do i ask buyer to wait. Dark cloud over my head atm:(

With asking buyer to wait a few more days you want to tread a careful line between refunding too quickly and annoying the buyer and forcing them into a case. However if anything rings alarms bells with you *and* your account can take defect then ask them to open an INR case with ebay

You can use your POP to claim from RM after 20 working days.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • This is along the lines i was thinking, i refund, then parcel arrives. As for my account taking the "hit" I've had one neutral (states she got what she paid for) ??? and one item low rating for item as described (?) who or why - i don;t know.
    And i have been stupid, as 1 item sold was very slightly damaged, so sent item and refund funds to buyer, that seems to have given me a "hit", so i have 4 in total, i'm in the green (TRS) but an above standard seller (Don't have a clue has these work) they say they will flag me, to give me a warning, but iv'e not got one of them - yet.
  • soolin
    This is along the lines i was thinking, i refund, then parcel arrives. As for my account taking the "hit" I've had one neutral (states she got what she paid for) ??? and one item low rating for item as described (?) who or why - i don;t know.
    And i have been stupid, as 1 item sold was very slightly damaged, so sent item and refund funds to buyer, that seems to have given me a "hit", so i have 4 in total, i'm in the green (TRS) but an above standard seller (Don't have a clue has these work) they say they will flag me, to give me a warning, but iv'e not got one of them - yet.

If you sell a lot then 4 defects is manageable especially if your sales are high enough for you to be assessed on a 3 monthly basis. As long as the total defects stay less than 2% of your sales then you are completely fine, in fact you need to drop below 5% before you face issues.

However, if you are assessed on a 12 month basis and the defects you already have have all been recent then you need to really consider whether you can afford another defect by telling buyer to open a case.
  • How do i find out which way i am assessed, 3 monthly or 12 monthly? have only started listing again sometime in August?
  • soolin
    How do i find out which way i am assessed, 3 monthly or 12 monthly? have only started listing again sometime in August?

It should say on your expanded dashboard somewhere, I forget where it is - but it does say it there somewhere.
  • soolin
    Just checked- you need to click to open the defects breakdown then right at the bottom it tells you
  • It says 12 months from 1 Nov 2014 to 31 Oct 2015, so i guess that means I cannot afford to ask the buyer to open a case.
  • campdave
    campdave Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Arrange redelivery using the form on the RM website.

Send confirmation email to your own email address and forward it to your buyer.

Amazing how many items are found when it's "officially" logged in this way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure