Debit card fraud

An order for a phone has been made through my amazon account via amazon.fr and then the person has emailed the seller in Milan to ask them to post it to an address in Belfast. I caught it all too late and am now trying to speak to amazon in France to get a refund. They are misunderstanding everything I say! Meanwhile I have contacted the seller in Milan to ask DHL to stop the delivery. TSB have cancelled card, and will refund me eventually if Amazon do not. I've changed the Amazon password, deleted saved card details. Anything else I can do?

I can't understand how this has happened, glad I managed to cancel the order of a watch from Germany though.

sorry if this is the wrong place to put this - my brain's not recovered from the thought of losing £400.

Comments

• Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,116
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If you're using the same password elsewhere then you need to change them all as well to be on the safe side (ideally you should have different passwords for each site anyways)

Do you not check your emails? You would have received a confirmation email for the order too.

I'd be inclined to report the Belfast shipping address and details as well to action fraud:
    http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud
  • Paul_1977
    Paul_1977 Posts: 992 Forumite
    edited 30 October 2015 at 7:57PM
    Someone must have found your Amazon login details.

Amazon does not ask for any security details if memory serves.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Unless you are certain that your details cannot have been stolen from your PC, you should be scanning your PC for viruses and malware.

If you have anything bad on your PC, change all your passwords, after you have removed the offending stuff.

If you have any other cards, perhaps have those stopped and replaced as well. And any PINs pertaining to your cards.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Paul_1977 wrote: »
    Someone must [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] have found your Amazon login details.

I have corrected this for you.
  • beecher2
    beecher2 Posts: 3,677
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I normally check my emails all the time but today only checked work ones until I got home - typical! Order was placed this morning and DHL picked it up at 6pm.

Will change passwords.

I will report to actionfraud - thanks.

amazon ususally asks for the password when you place an order - can't work out how mine has been found.

French amazon have sent me this - sounds as if they've totally misunderstood.
    have well received your message and I thank you.

Following your message, I inform you that this item you have purchased on our site proposed by a vendor marketplace "SAITEL SRL"

Please note that for this type of transaction, Amazon.fr acts as an intermediary between you and the seller.

That's why we offer our customers the possibility to benefit from the warranty A to Z which covers product status and delivery within a reasonable time .

In order to help you, I have submitted a claim under the warranty AZ . This claim is currently being processed . Subject to approval of your claim, you will receive a refund in the amount of 526.20 Euro directly to the account of your credit card.

We will notify you by email when it is finalized .
  • Paul_1977
    colsten wrote: »
    I have corrected this for you.

Thanks so much.:):):):):):):):):):)

Naw let me go dawn to tha shop to get mea Jellied ells.
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,116
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    beecher2 wrote: »
    I normally check my emails all the time but today only checked work ones until I got home - typical! Order was placed this morning and DHL picked it up at 6pm.

Will change passwords.

I will report to actionfraud - thanks.

amazon ususally asks for the password when you place an order - can't work out how mine has been found.

French amazon have sent me this - sounds as if they've totally misunderstood.

Perhaps you can call DHL if you have tracking number show up on your account to tell them it should be sent back to sender because the item was fraudulently ordered from your amazon account
  • beecher2
    Forumite
    Futuristic wrote: »
    Perhaps you can call DHL if you have tracking number show up on your account to tell them it should be sent back to sender because the item was fraudulently ordered from your amazon account

I have contacted them and they said only the seller or amazon could do this. Have emailed the seller in Milan but maybe I should phone amazon again. They say they can't do anything, only amazon france can and seemingly 'no one in amazon France can speak English!'. Not that the amazon.co.uk person had English as a first language...

But thanks, I will do that and am doing a full virus check. What a carry on.
  • beecher2
    Forumite
    Hmm, they're right, no one at French amazon speaks English!

Just another quick question - my debit card's been cancelled but will TSB allow me to withdraw money if I go to the branch? Would I take my passport?
  • Paul_1977
    Yes they will let you take out money with your passport.

Maybe take a statement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport