C'mon Saints you are having a laugh....£36 to £54 to watch Saints v Bournemouth !

Options
Hi all,

I am visiting a friend this w/end in Poole so thought that I would try to get some tickets for Southampton v Bournemouth this Sunday at 1600hrs. Please note it is live on Sky sports.

Amazed when saints advised me that this was a class A game (really how can B/mouth be a class A game?), it would cost £36-to-£54 per ticket for adults depending on where we were going to sit. I was advised that it was a local derby and so 'would be very busy'. I pointed out the game will be live on sky sports but was advised 'we are not aware that it will be live'.

Awful price for this game, I will watch it at my friends and shame on saints, expect St Marys will not be full by a long way, etc.

Now back to watching Liverpool v Bournemouth.

Comments

• JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's because it'll be classed as a derby. I imagine Bournemouth are the closest premier league club to Southampton so the demand from both set of fans will be high.
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Also, £36 is hardly breaking the bank in regards to Premier League football tickets...

I was going to recommend seeing either Portsmouth (50 miles) or Brighton and Hove (100 miles) in order to support the lower leagues but they are sadly both playing away from home this weekend :(

Even Poole FC have an away game on the 31st!!!!

Oh and Hamworthy United Football Club don't have a game this weekend

:rotfl:
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    Who cares now ? Kloppy won his first game tonight lol !
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Capture_zpsilpiiwe2.png
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2015 at 8:00AM
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Capture_zpsilpiiwe2.png

Ah good find!

OP, why don't you go to the Eastleigh game on Saturday and support the lower leagues instead? :p Getting quoted £12-£15 for their tickets. They are near the bottom of the Conference Premier League (5th tier) as well! So about 1/3 of the price of Premier League tickets, which I would expect to be roughly correct!
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    When I was a student in the 80's, we used to go to watch Man Utd every so often. £2 to get in! That's about £6 in today's money. That was a price worth paying.

The trouble is some people really do think it's worth paying £50 or more just to see a football match. While such people exist in sufficient numbers, obviously clubs will charge it. Supply and demand. Like players' wages...
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    When I was a student in the 80's, we used to go to watch Man Utd every so often. £2 to get in! That's about £6 in today's money. That was a price worth paying.

The trouble is some people really do think it's worth paying £50 or more just to see a football match. While such people exist in sufficient numbers, obviously clubs will charge it. Supply and demand. Like players' wages...

I was thinking that too. Also back in the 80s, I went to a few Arsenal matches with my ex (dunno why, I hate football!) and I'm sure it only cost about £5 or £6 for both of us.

The cost of tickets now is shocking.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »

My first visit to Old Trafford was in September 1984 for the match against Liverpool; the cost to stand in the Stretford End was £2.20, the programme 35p and a 400 mile return trip by rail just £9.90. I don't know about Arsenal in 1984, but in 1982 it was only £1.80 to stand on the North Bank.

Feels like a different world some days!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As long as they can find mugs to pay it they will carry on increasing the price.
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    As long as they can find mugs to pay it they will carry on increasing the price.

That's why I will not be attending the game. I will watch match on sky instead. Shame on saints for charging such a rip-off price. I will be interested to see how full the St Marys stadium is tomorrow. I bet there will be lots of spaces.

In the 1980s, I went to lots of games (Highbury, Dell, Upton Park, etc.) and just paid a few pounds. I think that football is getting very silly especially as you can watch the games for free via other means lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure