1125126127128129131»

Comments

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    koru said:
    zagfles said:
    Answer is no, mobile data is 2p/MB which is no use if you're going use GBs of data, 

That would certainly be the rate for PAYG data. Does that necessarily mean that a data allowance isn't valid in the US? The same page says that data boosts are not valid in the US, but it does not say anything about where the data allowance comes with the SIM.
    The "data allowance" that comes with the SIM is just the standard SIM with a recurring £10 boost. See https://www.1pmobile.com/data-10GB-SIM.taf roaming tab

• Chilleddevil1
    Options
    Ive just the below from Giff Gaff this morning.
    Its still something I suppose

"We’re getting in touch to let you know about changes we’ll be making to our data roaming allowance and our out of bundle data rates in the EU. 
    From 26 July 2022, you’ll be able to use up to 5 GB of your goodybag data allowance in the EU and selected destinations at no extra cost, a change from 20 GB. After this, the rate you’ll pay for data will be the same rate you pay in the UK, a change from 0.36p/MB to 10p/MB."

• PegasusPJ
    PegasusPJ Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The article needs to be updated.
    My partner found on arrival in France on 15 July that his vodafonee PAYG was no longer roam-free.
    Luckily I had a spare 3 pay SIM and we bought a bundle on it (was cheaper than Vodafone fees).

He is now switching to Lebara too, despite having been with vodafone for many years, really angry they did not even bother warning him of the change in advance (as he says, they know how to find him when trying to sell him something!), especially as we go to France at least twice a year (family), even during the pandemic.
  • Devon_Scrooge
    Options
    I'm surprised this thread is not more up to date considering recent changes and mentions by Martin.

I've been with Tescomobile for many years (Wife used to work for Tesco so initially staff discount) on a pay monthly SIM only contract.  We often go over to France for a few weeks, and so last year (June 22nd) I decided to increase my data allowance to 30Gb for an upcoming trip. 
    All was well until recently when Tescomobile announced that data roaming would cease for new contracts or anyone that upgraded after 16th June 2022. 
    I like the coverage from the O2 network, but it now looks like no data roaming for me with Tesco (even though O2 as their 'parent' network have not introduced roaming charges), all for the sake of 6 days! 
    I'm looking at changing my contract to one with O2, but can't do that until after June 22nd 2023 when my current contract runs out, so if we do a trip abroad before then, no free roaming. 
    Plus, there is no guarantee that O2 won't also stop free roaming at some point in the future.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tesco latest;
    For all of 2023, with Home From Home you can use your phone in our 48 European Home From Home destinations just like you do at home.  You can use your minutes, texts and data as normal,

• redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Advice to all government ministers (and everybody else):

Look into local SIM cards

And hotel wifi

The trip in the news could have feasibly cost £10 at the most
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,074 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    redux said:
    Advice to all government ministers (and everybody else):

Look into local SIM cards

And hotel wifi

The trip in the news could have feasibly cost £10 at the most
    Or let your employer foot the bill as it was onlt used for work. 
    A bit like filling up your work van with fuel then siphoning it off into your sports car and maintaining the van was only used for work.
    So I would advise someone to keep work and private usage separate, as someone had access to the government ipad to turn it into a hotspot that sounds like cyber fraud.
    One thing I don't understand is how the contract sim ran up a bill when they had cancelled the contract and changed provider bit forgotten to swap the sim.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback