Options

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :hello:somerandom

some ebay tips.

there is something called turbolister, that might help with your listings.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/turbo_lister/

another tip, is when you have listing days,
    like when ebay offers 5 days of 100 listings, list things to finish in one day, and then relist the next day, this way you can take advantage of the 5 days. If your item sells on the 1 day listing, that is fab, and i have had this happen to me. If it doesn't you can keep relisting until the last day when I change the listing to 7 days.

try listing things topically ie jumpers around autumn/winter time, rather than sandals. as people will want to buy your sandals cheaply for next summer and store them.

with items that are fixed price, I list for 30 days and dependent on item I try 3 days and then 7 days, to try and get it to sell or I can relist for another free listing if any come up or my 20.

it might be worth taking a peek at carboots to see if anyone selling anything cheaply that would sell on ebay. especially topical trending stuff like kids toys/games.
  • Aesop
    Options
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks so much Aesop - will read the link and get onto turbo lister :-)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • somerandom
    Options
    Today was the first Monday of my new free-range lifestyle. I can only describe how I've been feeling as "bewildered". I'm used to working from home but this felt different - like I didn't know what to do with myself. I guess it's natural to take some time to adjust but it feels very uncomfortable.

Handed my work computer back this afternoon - that's my last formal contact with the place over - no regrets but it felt surprisingly final. I narrowly missed out on an emergency referral while I was busy doing that - which is frustrating. I need to be quicker on the uptake - lesson learned....

Tomorrow is looking a lot much more structured - I have 3 clients & a webinar booked in - so at least I'll know what I'm supposed to be doing for most of the day - same goes for Weds - looking busy. Silly really - I should just have appreciated having some space today rather than fret .... yet another lesson learned .....
  • somerandom
    Options
    A much better day today. It felt nice being busy not only because I earned something resembling a respectable day's income but I also enjoyed having some structure - I was a lot more productive during the down time too - typing up notes, setting up systems etc. (Even managed to upload my photos on eBay).

If I think too far ahead I start to feel very wobbly so for the time being I'm trying to focus on a day at a time.
  • Aesop
    Options
    well done hun. one day at a time is the best way forward
  • somerandom
    Options
    Thanks for the support Aesop :)

Today looks pretty busy too - only two clients but my 4 year old Niece is visiting this afternoon - that girl always lifts my spirits. :j
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Sounds like you do have a busy day ahead of you, that's very positive in itself.

Family time is always precious, have a lovely day!

LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2806.86 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £1045/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £30114.47
  • somerandom
    Options
    Thanks LMD - How are your eBay listings going? I've got one bid so far but a lot of watchers...
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    5 bids for me at the 99p start... Not exactly flying but it's better then nothing!
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2806.86 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £1045/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £30114.47
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure