Octobers 'Take your Lunch to Work' Challenge!

Comments

• selloptape
    selloptape Posts: 632
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I need to try to find alternatives to this as I will get bored one day!

Just thinking the same, I've had four days of cheese sarnies for lunch and getting really bored with them now. Will have to look at the first post for some inspiration :)
  • Another day and I've got my lunch with me AGAIN :D so pleased with myself :)
    Got cheese and onion roll, 2 packets of crisps (know it's not very healthy but they are quite small so will eat one on my break and another one on the way home) and a couple of little chocolate bars (again not healthy I know but using up my stash from CW before I start eating good again) :D
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Evening all,

Well done everyone!! I'm very impressed with people who dust themselves off and carry on after slipping up. I find this difficult being a bit of an all or nothing type (not a good trait to have).

Another day done with own food taken to work (and a doughnut and bikkies bought by collegues to share) :D

Keep up the good work as I'm convinced this is my biggest day to day saving,

SP x
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Morning All. Added to here :)

Welcome to LornaC, jacksmummy and abby. It's great to have you on board!

Sorry i have been a little AWOL so far. I am encouraging the children to have a low/no technology time and need to lead by example. But i will still be posting daily from now on, so dont worry about that!

It's great to see you are doing well, and jumping back on the wagon if you slip. I slipped up yesterday, ended up getting some veggie sushi from Morrisons. oops!
    But back on track today! Lunch is being eaten at home today, and i am not sure what to have yet. I need to start eating up the salad, so may have rice or noodles with salad, avocado and whatever bits and bobs need using up.
  • Evening all,

Another successful day despite being really busy and out and about for hours, all food consumed from home :)

SP x
  • WantToBeSE
    Forumite
    Morning All :)

Don't forget your LTW's if you are working today!

My lunch will be some kind of salad, on bread, with some hummus and raw veggies.

Have a great day!
  • Another successful day eating from home!! Ham and tomato butties, crisps and fruit for lunch. Homemade curry and rice for tea. Really need to total up the days, I've managed all since I joined the thread. That would mean getting up to find my work diary, soooooo tired yawn!!
  • WantToBeSE
    Forumite
    Morning All :)

Storm, your LTW sounds nice! I am actually missing having sandwiches!
    Now that i am vegan/vegetarian, i dont really know what to putin sarnies anymore, as i used to have ham, ham salad, coleslaw etc.

I am home today, so my LTW will be left over soup, maybe over rice (it's a thick veggie soup, so could act as a sauce). Yummy!
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    SE could you have tortilla wraps with lettuce, salsa and roasted veggies?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Took lunch to work yesterday and had lunch at home today :D
    Read my diaryHere :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills