Finished Work Pragramme

Options

Comments

• emilywalker
    Options
    yes that's a good idea night work, will look out for some night jobs. Was doing some agency work, but not enough hours, and with moving that stopped and the job centre where I live now are not as helpful as when I lived in London. Just hoping they are not horrible at the JC when I go I tomorrow, when I have been told it will get intense.
  • BlueEyedGirl
    Options
    yes that's a good idea night work, will look out for some night jobs. Was doing some agency work, but not enough hours, and with moving that stopped and the job centre where I live now are not as helpful as when I lived in London. Just hoping they are not horrible at the JC when I go I tomorrow, when I have been told it will get intense.

Is there a reason why you have been out of work for 11 years, that seems an awfully long time if you were claiming JSA? Voluntary work could help get you a job, have you done any voluntary work? Perhaps a course at college to give you some new skills.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tomtontom wrote: »
    Any reason you're not applying for any and every job?

Lots of Christmas vacancies at the moment - there must be something there for you?

Every job ,lol.
  • emilywalker
    Options
    no I have not been claiming jsa for 11 years, about four years now, but out of work long term for 11 years, as looking after my two kids, started on jsa when my youngest was 5 as was and am still a lone parent.

yes I have done many different courses over the years, which I think has helped me get the interviews, but I don't get past that.
  • BlueEyedGirl
    Options
    no I have not been claiming jsa for 11 years, about four years now, but out of work long term for 11 years, as looking after my two kids, started on jsa when my youngest was 5 as was and am still a lone parent.

yes I have done many different courses over the years, which I think has helped me get the interviews, but I don't get past that.

Have you thought about some voluntary work? The website Do-It is great at allowing people to search for voluntary work in there area. It might help build your confidence and interview skills.

https://do-it.org/
  • emilywalker
    Options
    thanks I will have a look at that site.
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    got a couple questions.

1: how long are you on workprogramme for?
    2: once off, do you ever go back on, like from a different provider?
  • emilywalker
    Options
    the work programme last for 2 years, after that if you've still not got a job, you go back to the job centre, I'm not sure how long that lasts though.
  • emilywalker
    Options
    I have my first meeting with my new job centre advisor today after being on the work programme for the last 2 years, I was told yesterday that it will get intense, very worried how it will go.
  • fairy_lights
    Options
    I don't see why it would get intense, just be prepared that they might expect you to apply for more jobs now than before.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure