MSE News: Lloyds is yet again the worst offender for wrongly rejecting complaints

Options
Former_MSE_Helen
Former_MSE_Helen Posts: 2,382 Forumite
edited 25 August 2015 at 1:01PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Lloyds Bank is yet again the worst for wrongly rejecting both PPI complaints and other gripes, according to the Ombudsman...
Read the full story:

Lloyds is yet again the worst offender for wrongly rejecting complaints

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• minislim
    minislim Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i agree. they try and reject anything that comes their way. even though i knew the takeover trail of the loan the PPI was attached to which i took out in the 00's
    capital bank was part of halifax, which was part of HBOS which Lloyds took over.
    when it came to claiming the PPI, Lloyds initially dismissed that they where responsible. claiming Capital bank was no more.

it was only in a responding letter that i clearly showed the link to them and they then processed my claim.

how many others have received this treatment and just accepted their rejection?
  • GingerFurball_2
    Options
    Good of MSE to use deliberately misleading figures.

How do Lloyds and others stack up if you ignore PPI complaints?
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Would also be interesting to see the % of overall complaints that are resolved and don't make it to FOS. This may produce completely different figures.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 August 2015 at 9:52PM
    Options
    So Lloyds reject just one claim, which is then upheld by the ombudsman. That is a 100% failure rate. But by definition their internal systems are all but perfect.
    % in isolation mean diddly squat.

edit; Dobbibill beat me to it. That's what you get for watching telly and not typing
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope it was a good program ceredigion?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Building society Nationwide fared best of the major providers, with only 5% of PPI complaints and 9% of all complaints about it upheld by the ombudsman.

I read that as 17% of PPI complaints upheld and 22% overall for the 6 months to 30 June 2015.

So which is correct; the quote above or the table?

.Another case of the blind leading the blind here.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure