Should solar discussions be moved to the Energy board?

Options

Comments

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MFW_ASAP wrote: »
    Just as you do on here when you want to find non-solar discussions? Thanks Eric, you just helped prove my point.
    You don't appear to have been reading any of the previous posts in this thread ! I have clearly pointed out that on any individual page of this section of the board there will be a few (not a lot because there aren't many people bothering to post) threads of non-solar titles from the last couple of weeks. That's considerably different to the point you quoted where I said it would be necessary to scroll back several pages to find a topic from just a few days ago
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Am I the only one here getting a little tired of MFW_ASAP's posts ? There seems to be what I can only describe as 'baiting ' going on .
    Those involved may be too polite to say it but can he/she just leave it now ?
    There has been a suggestion to move this part of the forums, from what I can see there has been little support - if any.
    Justification has been made to leave it where it is.
    Presumably MSE bods will make a decision.
    Let it drop MFW_ASAP please.
    Nobby.

NB . I mean the posts in this thread.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Visitors to MSE will not immediately see the board title 'Green and Ethical Moneysaving' and naturally assume "Oh, that's where Solar PV will be, it's so obvious when you think about it, I'll not bother going to the Energy board".

I personally see solar as being "green" and it was where I headed when I first started having my 3 systems installed back in 2011.

FiTs aside, are you not trying to be green by looking at having panels installed?

Why did you not post this thread on the energy forum, you know the sub forum for water. Is it because you wanted to be green like the people who look for advice on panels do.?
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • ed110220
    ed110220 Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It seems to me that the proposal to move the solar topic was just a cover to smuggle an anti Fits opinion in under.

'Ethics' seem to be one of the last excuses of the anti renewables movement. People like Nigel Lawson whos policies have never before been
    Now that the Fit is down to around or even below the retail price of electricity and falling, it's a pretty feeble excuse in my opinion.
    Solar install June 2022, Bath
    4.8 kW array, Growatt SPH5000 inverter, 2x Growatt ML33RTA batteries.
    SSW roof. ~22° pitch, BISF house. 12 x 400W Hyundai panels
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Am I the only one here getting a little tired of MFW_ASAP's posts ? There seems to be what I can only describe as 'baiting ' going on.

I'm with you, Nobby. The fundamental accusation is that anyone who benefits financially from Green/Ethical investments cannot be green/ethical. The structural issue concerning the board is a weak excuse for promoting an anti FIT argument. It's tedious now.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • MFW_ASAP
    MFW_ASAP Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Am I the only one here getting a little tired of MFW_ASAP's posts ? There seems to be what I can only describe as 'baiting ' going on .
    Those involved may be too polite to say it but can he/she just leave it now ?
    There has been a suggestion to move this part of the forums, from what I can see there has been little support - if any.
    Justification has been made to leave it where it is.
    Presumably MSE bods will make a decision.
    Let it drop MFW_ASAP please.
    Nobby.

NB . I mean the posts in this thread.

You do know it's not compulsory to read this thread? If you're getting tired of my posts on a thread I created, then you're free to leave. :rotfl:
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've already said why I think fits are unethical, I suggest you look at the start of this thread. No matter how many times you ask the question, the answer will be the same.

Actually you only made a statement that FiTs were unethical because subsidies are going to some households. You haven't actually justified your argument by explaining why you support renewable subsidies, but not if they go to the demand side.
    If you have no interest in the debate about moving solar to its own board, or you feel you've already expressed yourself, then how about letting other people have a say on the matter? Everyone's opinion matters, not just yours.....

Clearly I have an interest in the debate, otherwise I wouldn't have asked you ~10 times for you to support your statement.

You could have quite nicely and politely asked for the threads to be moved on the basis that you think they are swamping the G&E board (an argument that is almost certainly false), but instead you attacked the FiT subsidy, and then started attacking PV'ers as just people that 'rocked up', and will leave again, despite the fact that many of us are very passionate about renewables and green issues.

You now keep attacking me personally, and are getting quite abusive about the number of my replies to you, but I have simply been asking the same question, relating to your first post, and primary argument, and you have yet to answer. It seems fair that I should be allowed to engage you on this point, even if you don't want to answer.

If you can't support your claim, as I now suspect, then just say so. Or just say that you won't answer. It would be much quicker.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • MFW_ASAP
    MFW_ASAP Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    Options
    Odd that no one is berating Martyn or Eric for continually posting on the thread when they have already made their points and registered their opposition?

Where is hobby and sterling times, oh arbiters of all posts when we need them?
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm with you, Nobby. The fundamental accusation is that anyone who benefits financially from Green/Ethical investments cannot be green/ethical. The structural issue concerning the board is a weak excuse for promoting an anti FIT argument. It's tedious now.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can see what is going on.

I suspect I'll never get an answer, so best to retire from this debate I think.

Anyway, it's time for me to do my daily trawl of all the renewables news ........ not that PV'ers are interested in that sort of thing! :D

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi!

I've posted on your thread on Site Feedback.

I'm glad the board's getting lots of discussion but I'm happy to hear what other Green and Ethical board users have to say :)

Purely an opinion, if MFW will let me have one as I claim FiT, so I'm the scum of the earth robbing from poor folk, but is it something that has even been discussed at MSE Towers?

Or, as it appears to be, a thinly veiled attack on anyone who claims FiT?

I have to say that some of the comments posted about members on here are over the top and unnecessary, and the behaviour by the OP clearly shows his true colours.

Disappointed that it's gone on for so long as it appears to be a complete non-thread?
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure