Should solar discussions be moved to the Energy board?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,973 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    tunnel wrote: »
    I have included PV because FiT aside, when most people get panels fitted they automatically switch to eco mode in their heads, trying their very best to cut their own consumption, thus reducing demand which has to be greener for everyone.

I could not agree with this statement more....well said Tunnel. We are PV owners and we did exactly that. Plus having done that ourselves we have also helped family, friends and neighbours lower their consumption too!!
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • pinnks
    pinnks Posts: 1,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I have been away for a while so had to wade through a load of irrelevant chit-chat and abuse to get to the end posting. I am not going to be drawn into side debates and insults but see no reason at all to move the thread.

My investment in PV was wholly green-driven. The fact that the Government offered a subsidy, however funded, meant I could afford to do it earlier. If you don't like Government policy, lobby your MP and, if it relates to subsidies, grants benefits or whatever, don't claim them but don't lambast people who decide to take advantage of those subsidies etc., whatever their reasons for so doing.
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MFW_ASAP wrote: »
    ... You get full FIT payments if your house has an EPC rating of D or above. You get the reduced rate FITs if your house has an EPC rating of D or below. ....
    Hi

Really?, well not quite so ... looks like a basic error in describing the tariff logic there resulting in a D rating 'actually' becoming an issue ... isn't logic fun ... :D

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • ely_ellis
    ely_ellis Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am not a green person, (I work in the oil & gas industry), maybe a little ethical, but that has nothing to do with why I have solar pv.
    Money, that is what it comes down to for me, investing to save / make money and ease the burden upon retirement.
    Regarding where the forum should be, it would be easier to find as the heading it comes under at the moment 'Who and where are you?' just doesn't seem anything to do with Solar and took me ages to find. I had to bookmark it because I kept forgetting where it was.
    I think a dedicated Solar PV section would be better and certainly easier to find.
    Ta!
    Martin (With an I)

4.00 kWp System, 15° East of South, 35° Pitch, 16 (250w) x 8.33 Eternity Panels, Solaredge Optimisers and SE4000(16A) inverter, iBoost. Just North of Gainsborough, Lincolnshire.
  • ShowUsTheMoney
    Options
    For me it's all about the money money money ...... Massive savings on electricity & a guaranteed income. Big investment up front with a nice return on investment. If it helps the environment, then that's a bonus !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure