We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

1 debt vs 100 days chapter 20

Options

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Amara wrote: »
    Hello Challengers!
    Update- done. All ready for tomorrow :D
    I need your help. I've been running this challenge for 4 years now (yes!) , but I've noticed less people take part now, then it used to. I'd like to see more Challengers involved. While, of course, people getting better and better with money, other still need motivation . I'd like to ask you for ideas to see our challenge more visible to others. I'll be greateful for any input.
    Thank you.

What about posting on the main debt free wannabe board? Are newbies even aware that the various challenges exist? (I stumbled on the challenge page by accident)

I've been a member of MSE now for a number of years and have been on the road to debt free for almost as long but yours is the first challenge that I've ever really taken part in (my 20p challenge sort of filters into this one if it makes sense and I was already saving 20p anyway)

This challenge has made me think about how quickly I can, if I put my mind to it, clear my debts.

The only thing I think that may be putting people off is that if they don't succeed in paying off a debt in the 100 days, then they will think they've failed but failing (no pun intended) to see the bigger picture of what they have achieved.There may be the other situation where a debt is so large that people feel that it would be impossible to pay it off in 100 days - this will be me after I've cleared this last small debt but I plan on clearing the debts over a number of challenges.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

I have made my first payment of the challenge.:j unfortunately unless I can find a hidden bit of money there will be no more until payday on Friday.

25/576.56
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • *snow*white*
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I won't be able to make any progress on my challenge until payday but just wanted to wish everyone good luck tackling their chosen debt :beer:
    NST#14/2
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Me again

I have managed to scrape together another £10 but that's definately It until Friday.

35/576.76
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • chocolatebum
    Options
    first payment in today of £8.96 :j

£8.96/£531
    DEBT
    31/12/2018 = £21,740.10 - 31/12/2019 = £18,581.29 (14.53% PD)
    31/01/2020 - £18,685.22 (14.05% PD)
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    I'm also wondering if people think it has to be one challenge or another when in reality some of the challenges can feed into one another.

So for example I'm a member of the 20p challenge which feeds into this challenge....and I'm sure that this challenge could also feed into other challenges such as clear your debt by Christmas
  • Aloofdragon
    Options
    Morning x Can I please be added to clear a credit union of £1150 to clear in the 100 days I am hoping to at least get close as its one of the last chunks of debt I can physically clear through overpaying a big ask but heh ho won't know unless I try x
    Weightloss -36.5lb/64lb.
    Christmas savings £200/£800.
    Hol savings £300 /£500.
    Birthday savings £50 /£100.
    100 days #20 Credit union £40/£1150
  • *snow*white*
    Options
    Hello all :D

All Augs bills paid and enough food in the cupboard/freezer until pay day Fri so have paid £56.60 off the card I am tackling on this challenge. :j
    NST#14/2
  • myamyamoo
    myamyamoo Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Im reporting in with my first payment......

£350/£1000

I am so happy to of started this challenge with a good chunk!! I don't think there will be any more payments as big as this one but you never know.
    :j:j:j
    Till next time....
  • Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello!
    My first payment :£100. I'm very pleased :)
    # Gettingtheresometime. I've tried to post this challenge on the front forum, for some reason it didn't stay there. Perhaps you're right , people may think it's this challenge and no other and they don't won't to be seen as failure , should they won't hit the target. I don't know . I just want more people be aware of our thread . Almost like website SEO :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure