We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

1 debt vs 100 days chapter 20

Options

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    First £10 banked today - care of my 20p challenge!
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Calling14 wrote: »
    Going for 1000 pounds again as I came so close last time 42 short but hey ho try harder this time. Thanks Amara

I'd be mega impressed with myself if I had saved/paid off £958 in 100 days!
  • grassgirl
    grassgirl Posts: 402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello I'd like to join, unsure of exact amount at the minute but put me down for £1000 please :) thank you
    1 step = £250
    0/100
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi There, I have failed on this Challenge previously but I am desperate to pay off all 3 of my Credit Cards....they only have small amounts on them but they are driving me CRAZY with me Paying stupid Interest on them each month!!

So the Total I want to Pay Off is £750
  • gettingtheresometime
    gettingtheresometime Posts: 6,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 22 August 2015 at 10:09AM
    Options
    Hi There, I have failed on this Challenge previously but I am desperate to pay off all 3 of my Credit Cards....they only have small amounts on them but they are driving me CRAZY with me Paying stupid Interest on them each month!!

So the Total I want to Pay Off is £750

ha ha would you like a membership form to the challenge's failure club??? (just in case you're wondering, its the founding member speaking here!)

All I would say Helen is that I've failed on the two previous challenges that I've taken part in but it has focused my mind on the debt rather than just thinking I'll pay them off sometime.

I must admit I'm a bit child like (if I go on a walk I need to know how far we're going so I know how far we have to left to walk!) and I've found this grid http://www.senteacher.org/worksheet/29/Number.html
    useful.

Based on the 1% challenge, I colour in a square every time I save/pay off 1% of my target - so in this challenge my target is £521 so every square is worth £5.21. Theoretically its a square a day but obviously it doesn't work like that.

As I said its child-like but it means I can say this magazine is worth half a square (not that I would ever pay £2.60 for a magazine) so do I want that magazine or do I want half a square filled in.
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gettingtheresometime I play colouring in squares as well. Think last challenge first one I have ever come close to paying it off so don't be disheartened we don't have failure here. Even paying a little off is success.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Hope78
    Hope78 Posts: 755 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in! Aiming for £800 this time CC and top up savings. Thanks Amara for running the challenge - it's such a positive thing cathartic!
    LBM 03/07 £44k:eek: DFD 31/12/17 :A 12/17 £2545.50
    Credit Card £2500.00 & Next £45.00
    Savings = £81.21 & Help To Buy ISA = £4700.00
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Gettingtheresometime....Thank you for the advice, I shall go and have a look at that Document, I'm quite a visual person - So for example I have pictures up of places I want to visit and a list of reasons to lose weight and things like that....so that might help me as well with my Debt!! :)

All we can do is try our best....and even if we don't completely make it, hopefully our Debts won't increase whereas they might have done had we not had a Goal to work towards (if that makes sense!! :D).

My Target might not be completely exact as I have no idea how to factor in the Interest...so it might be slightly less or slightly more....
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm off the mark (well I will be tomorrow when the payment clears):

£500/£2000

Feeling positive about this challenge :)
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Challengers!
    Update- done. All ready for tomorrow :D
    I need your help. I've been running this challenge for 4 years now (yes!) , but I've noticed less people take part now, then it used to. I'd like to see more Challengers involved. While, of course, people getting better and better with money, other still need motivation . I'd like to ask you for ideas to see our challenge more visible to others. I'll be greateful for any input.
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport