I WILL get there!!

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thanks Kitten and Tink and Bob

I think you are all right - it's been 26 months since I decided to get debt free and 15 months since my proper lightbulb moment and in that time my debt has been my main focus and priority - even buying this house didn't really sway that as I was being reassured it would all be fine even with the debt levels I had, but this seems scarier because it's a much bigger mortgage. I know it's still serviceable but it's difficult to put paying things off on hold and know that our bills are going to increase - makes me more determined to pay it off but less able to if that makes sense?!

Kitten you must be going mad at your mums, I really hope the seller pulls their finger out and gets on with it ASAP for you!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    On your opening post you said you were debt busting for any future children. They need a house too kirsty. And pat yourself on the back your credit card debts are no longer an issue on a mortgage application. That's amazing. Just means you'll still be here next year to keep us all going so thank you :) I'm just too selfish xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    We've actually taken to referring to the smaller of the bedrooms as the soon to be nursery so it's definitely for future planning :D

I'll be here for a while yet Kitten, we will probably have to put some expenses on a 0%, nothing major just blinds for the house as we will be leaving the blinds we already have behind because they are made to measure. I've already found a company which does 7 windows for £199 so will be checking on the quality of those.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Forgot to say I had an unexpected financial result today! Our buyer was due to have her mortgage valuation this morning so I had put todays meetings in for afternoon only so I could pop out and let them in but asked for a phone call first thing to confirm a time.
    11AM came and went with no contact so I called them and they said they were cancelling the survey today due to unforeseen circumstances and would have to re-book. I was furious - we are on a tight deadline for our new property and we'd already waited a week for this valuation so I asked to be put through to complaints department. An hour later I got a call back with a new appointment first thing tomorrow and a £25 goodwill gesture for the inconvenience :T

OH is none the wiser so this will be straight off a CC when it arrives - apparently within 24 hours :D
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    How annoying about the cancellation and the fact you had to call them to find this out but yay for the £25.

I love the fact that you're calling it a nursery, this is great progress especially with OH and something to keep looking forward to.

You've done amazing in the last 2 years with your debt busting and although I hope you get your debts clear soon, I hope you are here for a lot longer to keep me (and eveyone else) on the straight and narrow lol.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I'll be here even when I'm debt free Tink - I'll prob start a MFW diary also but I've been so supported here that I wouldn't want to go anywhere :) This will then turn into my staying debt free diary....that's my plan anyway :D

Complaint money has come through already :D swiftly dispatched to the barclaycard :D

K xx
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    It's been a while since I posted but delighted to read of your new house plans! Very exciting :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Thanks Orange Ena, it's lovely to hear from you, hope all is well :D

Had buyers valuation on our house this morning so fingers crossed that comes back with the correct numbers on and then we are all good to go....once we get our mortgage sorted that is. Stressed about that!!
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    I'll be here even when I'm debt free Tink - I'll prob start a MFW diary also but I've been so supported here that I wouldn't want to go anywhere :) This will then turn into my staying debt free diary....that's my plan anyway :D

Complaint money has come through already :D swiftly dispatched to the barclaycard :D

K xx

Yay I'm so glad you're staying, you have been a great support to me so I'd like you around to keep me motivated.

How great that the complaint money came through when they said it would. Unheard of lol.

Have you heard back about the valuation yet? Hope you get the figure you are looking for.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Yay I'm so glad you're staying, you have been a great support to me so I'd like you around to keep me motivated.

How great that the complaint money came through when they said it would. Unheard of lol.

Have you heard back about the valuation yet? Hope you get the figure you are looking for.

Tink xx

You have been a huge support to me Tink, I don't know what I'd do without all the lovely people on this forum geeing me up when I've felt down and cheering me on when things are going well :)

I was surprised that the complaint money came through so quickly as well, I couldn't believe it really!
    We haven't heard anything about the valuation yet, I think it goes straight to the buyer and her mortgage advisor so we just wait and see about solicitors bits and pieces now, and when her full survey is going to be.

I'm still waiting with bated breath to hear about our mortgage too. According to our mortgage advisors (who have been very slow at getting back to us about anything :mad:) we won't hear anything from Natwest until next week, but being the control freak I am I have been on their intermediary solutions website and they are processing applications from after we sent ours in so surely they will know something before next week?! Argh!!

Work has been absolutely horrific this week, I think I've mentioned before that there are a lot of the boss' family members employed and it has all come to a head over one of his family this week. I can't say too much but he is no longer with the company and it has caused major issues for us in the office, trying to deal with the fallout without letting clients down. I've had major arguments with two other managers about things they shouldn't be getting involved in and generally felt very low.
    Director came in this morning and I had written a list of problems we have that need to be dealt with and he actually sat, listened, took on board my points and thanked me for holding the fort. It's been a rough few days but I think this blowout could actually make a difference to how I feel about my job and in the long run will be the best thing that could have happened....just a few stressful moments in the meantime!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport