I WILL get there!!

Options

Comments

• Mummy_bear
    Mummy_bear Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh this is wonderful news. I'm so glad I subscribed for this new chapter of your life :j
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £46444.23 :eek:
    £40773.61 /£46444.23 87.8% paid
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Big congrats Kirsty! :j:j:beer::beer:

You must be so excited. :T :T My wee one is only 8 weeks old & I'm already wanting another one (DH is horrified). :rotfl:

Hope you're feeling better soon, make sure you get plenty of rest & don't worry about work.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thanks Sashy, I'm thrilled! OH has taken to kissing my tummy goodnight and telling our little donut goodbye before he leaves for work :heart:

8 weeks has flown Sashy, I'm sure it's gone even quicker for you! My sister felt the same as you, as soon as she healed she was ready for another! One of our old school friends gave birth and 3 months later was pregnant again - due on the exact same date as with her first! I don't think I'll be that brave - my budget spreadsheets will never work unless we have a few years between children :rotfl:

Called the midwife today for my booking appointment and she doesn't want to see me until the end of August, which seems so far away!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi kirstypoos, I've read your diary from start to finish and have gone through every emotion with you. I'm over the moon your having a baby! So happy for you! Couldn't of happened to a more deserving person and can't wait to follow you on your next chapter!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow congratulations on your news . I started reading your diary last week and finished it just now what a great end ! Onwards to the next chapter .
  • sashybo
    Options
    Aww how sweet Kirsty, DH talked to DS all the time & rubbed my stretchmark oil in onto the bump every night too.

8 weeks has definitely flown in & we're wondering what we did before him (apart from getting lots of lovely sleep & not having conversations about someone else's pooing habits). :rotfl:

The time until your booking in will probably fly in too, although I felt like time sometimes went really fast & other times felt really slow throughout my pregnancy. Think it was a mixture of excitement, impatience, not knowing what to expect & how I was feeling physically at the time. :o

:eek: Doubt I'd be as brave as your old school friend either Kirsty. :eek: I too will need at least a couple of years until I feel recovered enough physically never mind financially. It sounds stupid but I never really thought about how much your body copes with during pregnancy & how long it can take to get back to your own version of "normal".

DH says we're not having any more children (he'll change his mind :p) as HE can't go through that again. :rotfl: He got a bit of a death look from me at that point. :rotfl: He then told me how brilliantly I'd coped with the labour. :rotfl:

I do remember wondering how people had more than one child when I was on the hormone drip & had been awake for around 36 hours or so. :D But about 2 days after having DS I was thinking about when we could have another baby. :o

At least you've got a good idea of what to expect from your previous training so things won't be as much of a shock to you. :)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Shrewbie
    Shrewbie Posts: 742 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Big congratulations Kirsty.

I've been reading your diary and I'm so impressed with how much you've managed to pay off in such a short space of time... you really deserve this happiness!!
    Student loan £5849
    House deposit €18K/€40k
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    Hi kirstypoos, I've read your diary from start to finish and have gone through every emotion with you. I'm over the moon your having a baby! So happy for you! Couldn't of happened to a more deserving person and can't wait to follow you on your next chapter!
    Wow congratulations on your news . I started reading your diary last week and finished it just now what a great end ! Onwards to the next chapter .
    Shrewbie wrote: »
    Big congratulations Kirsty.

I've been reading your diary and I'm so impressed with how much you've managed to pay off in such a short space of time... you really deserve this happiness!!

Thank you all so much for reading through all my ramblings! :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    sashybo wrote: »
    Aww how sweet Kirsty, DH talked to DS all the time & rubbed my stretchmark oil in onto the bump every night too.

DH says we're not having any more children (he'll change his mind :p) as HE can't go through that again. :rotfl: He got a bit of a death look from me at that point. :rotfl: He then told me how brilliantly I'd coped with the labour. :rotfl:

At least you've got a good idea of what to expect from your previous training so things won't be as much of a shock to you. :)

I find it so lovely when OH kisses my belly - although the bump I have is a lot more to blame on food than baby just yet :rotfl:

What stretchmark oil did you use Sashy? It's something I need to have a look at as I'm very prone to stretchmarks at the best of times so anything I can do to limit it would be a bonus!

Your DH not being able to go through it again really tickled me :rotfl:

I think my previous training is both a blessing and a curse at the moment. I'm trying to tell myself that certain things I'm feeling are normal because that's what I'd have told any ladies who had had the same but in reality I am super stressed about every twinge and cramp. OH is pretty sure he will be driven mad within a few months :rotfl:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Yes it's nice when the OH gets involved, my DS definitely recognised his daddy's voice when he was born as DH talked to my bump all the time.:D

I used the sanctuary stretchmark oil & thought it was pretty good and smelled lovely. I didn't get stretchmarks until quite near the end but used the oil the whole way through & still using it now and the marks seem to be fading well.

Not sure if the oil made a difference or not but worth a try and it was nice for DH to rub it into the bump at night. DS always woke up & started kicking him. :D Still wonder if he was saying hello or go away and stop touching and talking to me. :rotfl:

My DH is slightly overdramatic. :rotfl: He adores DS & I think he will want another in a couple of years. :)

Ah I see what you mean about your training. I think everyone is a bit paranoid anyway but sometimes less is more I guess. I'm sure it's going to go great though. :j I'm sure OH won't mind really. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure