Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 July 2015 at 5:07AM
    Options
    wongawonga wrote: »
    Have you noticed how they have changed the normally yearly increase and keep bringing increase dates forward to get more revenue.

Good spot. Their price rises are designed, of course, to give the impression of annual increases. However, their excuse would be that such increases aren't actually annual increases, just increases that happened to be necessary around those times. Don't be surprised if they start occurring every 10 months sooner or later. :p

brewerdave wrote: »
    The MAJOR problem is that the b/band market is so competitive, that they are all virtually giving away internet access. Due to a c**k up by my ISP(PN) on pricing , I have received all last years b/band sub back (plus interest) and I'm getting next 12 months free!! so they have got to recover their costs somewhere.

I hear what you are saying, but no one is arguing they shouldn't ever increase prices. It's just that they shouldn't be allowed to do it for those on fixed contracts. If this is regulated, then it will apply to all of them, thus none of them will be at a competitive disadvantage because of it. It can only be good for the consumer and shouldn't hurt companies one bit.
  • GazHol
    GazHol Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wongawonga wrote: »
    Have you noticed how they have changed the normally yearly increase and keep bringing increase dates forward to get more revenue.

2012 28 Oct
    2013 1st Oct .
    2014 23 Sept.
    2015 1st Sept.

Yes, noticed this as well. Last year the LRS change was 87 days before my LRS expiry, so I renewed at 2013 rate. This year it is well over the 90 days...
  • highet
    highet Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    got the email re price increase yesterday and phoned them today to give 14 days notice to cease service (its at a property which is unoccupied at moment) - whilst there were no early termination charges got hit by £30 cease fee - i know this is levied by openreach but shouldnt it be part of the no early termination fee bit??
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,399 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    highet wrote: »
    i know this is levied by openreach but shouldnt it be part of the no early termination fee bit??

No it wouldn't as it's nothing to do with terminating early. If you move the service to another provider you would not be charged £30.
  • inspace
    inspace Posts: 529 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2015 at 8:46PM
    Options
    Im 8 months into an 18 month deal so if i cancel I just pay the £30 cease fee - when I look at my account I see a charge to cease the fast fibre line do I have to pay this also has anyone heard of it it says unlimited fibre broadband £92.50 payable on cancellation
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives.:j
  • spy
    spy Posts: 46 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got the email today about the increase which says you can cancel penalty free.

I joined in November last year and paid a year's line rental saver so what happens if I want to cancel as I will now be forced to pay the additional line rental for the last 6 months of the contract. Can I give notice that I want to cancel in November or will I have to cancel now?

Also can you cancel the broadband too even though the price for that hasn't changed or would you still have to have the plusnet broadband with a different phone provider?
  • jem16
    Options
    spy wrote: »
    I joined in November last year and paid a year's line rental saver so what happens if I want to cancel as I will now be forced to pay the additional line rental for the last 6 months of the contract.

You won't have to pay anything extra for your line rental if you have paid the whole year through Line Rental Saver so you are safe with that.

However if you have the Anytime package you will have to pay the extra £1pm as it's going up from £5 to £6.
    Also can you cancel the broadband too even though the price for that hasn't changed or would you still have to have the plusnet broadband with a different phone provider?

You can cancel the BB and move the whole lot to a different provider. Bear in mind though that you will be throwing away your remaining line rental saver as you won't get a refund on that.
  • spy
    spy Posts: 46 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    You won't have to pay anything extra for your line rental if you have paid the whole year through Line Rental Saver so you are safe with that.

Thanks for the reply. I won't have to pay anything extra for the first 12 months but presumably the last 6 months of my 18 month contract will be at the new, higher, rate so for me this is the point the price increase will take effect so would I be able to cancel then, i.e. in November?
  • jem16
    Options
    spy wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I won't have to pay anything extra for the first 12 months but presumably the last 6 months of my 18 month contract will be at the new, higher, rate so for me this is the point the price increase will take effect so would I be able to cancel then, i.e. in November?

I have no idea. I would suggest you ask this question on the Plusnet Community forums.
  • greigster
    greigster Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    I have received an email from Plusnet informing me of line rental price increases and offering me the option of cancelling my phone contract without charging cancellation fees.
    I also have my broadband with Plusnet. As I am mid contract for both, will I have to pay cancellation fees for broadband or can I migrate without any charges ?
    Thanks for any advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport