Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

edited 19 June 2015 at 5:04AM in Freebies (no spend required)
809 replies 315.1K views

Replies

• COCONUTCOCONUT Forumite
    158 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Would anyone with a sun subscription be kind enough to check if there are still tickets available for the man from uncle in York?

Think I will sign up for a pound if there are some left!
    Best win 2011: Maldives Holiday!
  • VeneziaVenezia Forumite
    795 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried 2 tickets for York and they seem to be available. Good luck.
  • quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    COCONUT wrote: »
    Would anyone with a sun subscription be kind enough to check if there are still tickets available for the man from uncle in York?

Think I will sign up for a pound if there are some left!

I "reserved" 2 at York just moments ago ...

... but cancelled rather than confirmed the booking.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • chukuchuku Forumite
    36 Posts
    I got tickets for Trainwreck tonight (http://www.showfilmfirst.com/service/ticket_checkout.php?ticket_code=492728), couldn't see any specific requirements at first but when I just printed off the ticket I noticed it said the following:

Terms and conditions This is a Heat Magazine Preview. A copy of the page in Heat Magazine is required to validate ticket. No photocopies.

Does anyone know if they're really fussy with that? Don't know how I'd get my hands on the magazine now. I wish there had been a warning in the first place that it's only for magazine readers! :(
  • asajjasajj Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    chuku wrote: »
    I got tickets for Trainwreck tonight (http://www.showfilmfirst.com/service/ticket_checkout.php?ticket_code=492728), couldn't see any specific requirements at first but when I just printed off the ticket I noticed it said the following:

Terms and conditions This is a Heat Magazine Preview. A copy of the page in Heat Magazine is required to validate ticket. No photocopies.

Does anyone know if they're really fussy with that? Don't know how I'd get my hands on the magazine now. I wish there had been a warning in the first place that it's only for magazine readers! :(

No they don't really
    ally.
  • apgaapga Forumite
    664 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Just had to cancel 2 tickets for tonight's (3rd August) screening of Train Wreck at Vue, Edinburgh Omni

www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/492728

Hope someone can use :)
  • edited 3 August 2015 at 4:29PM
    sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 August 2015 at 4:29PM
    Hi guys

Please note that post 11 on the codes board is invited guests only, just so you all know and to avoid chat on the codes thread.

Thanks to andybk for pointing it out.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Please note that post 11 on the codes board is invited guests only, just so you all know and to avoid chat on the codes thread.

Thanks to andybk for pointing it out.

You mean TRAINWRECK on

https://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/291328

Well the same applies to Post 12 also :(

https://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/849724

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Here's my review of 'Trainwreck':

I'm not usually the biggest fan of Judd Apatow films, finding them heavy handed and over-reliant on scatological and sexual crudity - but Trainwreck was genuinely funny, engaging and believable in its wry portrayal of the minefield that is 21st century relationships. It was warmly received by the audience I saw it with, and raised many laughs - but I have to say the sad parts were equally affecting. Better than I thought it would be, between the wisecracks!

Amy Schumer won't ever win actress of the year (and the cheesy pre-recorded plea to the review crowd got the bird from me), but she acquitted herself adequately, being best (as we would expect) on the stuff taken straight from her stand-up comic repertoire. The strength of the film lay elsewhere - in the cracking supporting cast. Brie Larson ,as Amy's sister, acted her off the screen in every scene together - give that woman a better part! I particularly enjoyed the star turn from Tilda Swinton, who slyly turned herself, chameleon-like, into a wicked parody of Kate Moss, as a narcissistic, foul-mouthed, bullying magazine boss. Superb! And it was nice to see Ezra Miller as the over-eager intern Amy tangles with. Both actors were poles away from their performance together in ‘We need to talk about Kevin’, and really demonstrated their range.

Rather strangely, for an Apatow film, I felt that the male characters were less well defined and more like ciphers. Bill Hader, as the romantic interest, was nice but not really that impressive – and the big sports star ‘friends’ and ‘celebrities’ were too obvious and one-dimensional. As was the ‘film within a film’ starring Daniel Radcliffe! I’m still wondering why those scenes were included, other than to say, ‘look! We’ve got Harry Potter on the credits!’. I did like this film though, it made me laugh and also got to me on the sadder moments. I will definitely recommend it as a ‘go-see’.
  • edited 4 August 2015 at 6:00AM
    sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 August 2015 at 6:00AM
    quoia wrote: »
    You mean TRAINWRECK on

https://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/291328

Well the same applies to Post 12 also :(

https://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/849724

Post 12 hadn't been posted at the time of my posting.

Both posts have been edited by the OP's now anyway so its all fine.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides