Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

edited 19 June 2015 at 5:04AM in Freebies (no spend required)
809 replies 315K views

Replies

• jubileeejubileee Forumite
    62 Posts
    The person we spoke to had no idea about it and rang Sun, passed our details over and they're gonna send us free tickets. How odd!

Unless you were the first ones there and they quickly got prepared. We were there around 6.15 and were quite obviously expected then.

Did you not get to see it at all then? The build up was a bit long winded but thoroughly enjoyed the film
  • geordie_bengeordie_ben Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    We ended up having to pay to watch Self Less
  • PoochfacePoochface Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The person we spoke to had no idea about it and rang Sun, passed our details over and they're gonna send us free tickets. How odd!

Very strange! I know people who went to this cinema and had no issues getting in whatsoever.
    Just because one member of staff doesn't know doesn't mean that the cinema isn't prepared. The person in the know is the projectionist and that's who staff/management should contact to check if a preview is showing.
  • hamster007hamster007 Forumite
    56 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary
    People were still coming in at 7pm at the Metrocentre! A lot of people were going out to take seflies with the cardboard cut out with Tom Cruse for a free bottle of pop. So most of the staff would have know what was going on last night. Did the member of staff not ask their manager as both managers were kept coming into the screening.
  • samm043samm043 Forumite
    16 Posts
    Good day everyone

Just cancelled 4 tickets for 'Diary of a Teenage Girl' for Mon, 3rd Aug, 18:30 @ Wimbledon Odeon.

Hopefully they're useful for someone else.
  • pinkgynnpinkgynn Forumite
    69 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Metro Center Mission Impossible,

Went with Sky rewards, anyone could have walked in to see this film, staff took print out from us at premier desk, then asked us to stand in queue at opposite side of cinema. When allowed into screening staff asked for printout said didnt have it so just let us in no checking, apart from that the film was good so was orange juice.
  • PoochfacePoochface Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    pinkgynn wrote: »
    Metro Center Mission Impossible,

Went with Sky rewards, anyone could have walked in to see this film, staff took print out from us at premier desk, then asked us to stand in queue at opposite side of cinema. When allowed into screening staff asked for printout said didnt have it so just let us in no checking, apart from that the film was good so was orange juice.

I'm beginning to think that Ben went to the wrong cinema or at the wrong time. :rotfl:
  • quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOCATIONS added

quoia wrote: »
    COMING SOON

For SUN PERKS subscribers

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.

1437649909_ScreenShot2015-07-23at12.09.26.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1638355

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Subject to change)

Certificate - 12A

Thursday 13th August

18:00 for 18:30

LOCATIONS

Birmingham
    Bluewater
    Bolton
    Bristol - Cinema De Lux
    Cardiff
    Derby - Cinema De Lux
    Edinburgh Ocean Terminal
    Finchley Road
    Glasgow
    Kingston-upon-Thames
    Lee Valley
    Leeds
    Leicester - Cinema De Lux
    London - Greenwich
    Milton Keynes Stadium
    Norwich
    Nottingham
    Portsmouth
    Reading
    Sheffield
    Shepherds Bush
    Stratford City
    Teesside
    Trafford Centre
    York

Henry Cavill (“Man of Steel”) stars as Napoleon Solo opposite Armie Hammer (“The Social Network”) as Illya Kuryakin in director Guy Ritchie’s “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.,” a fresh take on the hugely popular 1960s television series.
    Set against the backdrop of the early 1960s, at the height of the Cold War, “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” centers on CIA agent Solo and KGB agent Kuryakin. Forced to put aside longstanding hostilities, the two team up on a joint mission to stop a mysterious international criminal organization, which is bent on destabilizing the fragile balance of power through the proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology. The duo’s only lead is the daughter of a vanished German scientist, who is the key to infiltrating the criminal organization, and they must race against time to find him and prevent a worldwide catastrophe.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • psarinukpsarinuk Forumite
    339 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Hi,
    Any idea if it is absolutely necessary to get the HEAT magazine page for "TRAINWRECK" preview on Monday 03/08?
    I am not a Heat magazine reader, and the ticket says photocopy not accepted, so I guess there is no other way than to buy a copy of HEAT?

Thanks.
  • geordie_bengeordie_ben Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    psarinuk wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any idea if it is absolutely necessary to get the HEAT magazine page for "TRAINWRECK" preview on Monday 03/08?
    I am not a Heat magazine reader, and the ticket says photocopy not accepted, so I guess there is no other way than to buy a copy of HEAT?

Thanks.

Very very very very very very unlikely
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides