Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

edited 19 June 2015 at 6:04AM in Freebies (no spend required)
809 replies 315.4K views

Replies

• The_Old_BagThe_Old_Bag Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone managed to get tickets to this yet?
    I have been trying since midnight - and it just said no cinema/viewing existed.
    Then when it did suddenly appear, it said fully booked.

Fingers crossed it is the same as the last screening via the Sun Perks (where they have someone on work-experience in charge of their website)... and the tickets suddenly become available, hours after they tell us they are fully booked.:cool:
  • geordie_bengeordie_ben Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could only get 1 ticket instead of 2..Very odd
  • PoochfacePoochface Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone managed to get tickets to this yet?
    I have been trying since midnight - and it just said no cinema/viewing existed.
    Then when it did suddenly appear, it said fully booked.

Fingers crossed it is the same as the last screening via the Sun Perks (where they have someone on work-experience in charge of their website)... and the tickets suddenly become available, hours after they tell us they are fully booked.:cool:

I got mine about 2 hours ago. The link was posted before it went live.
  • The_Old_BagThe_Old_Bag Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the work experience person must be logged on to MSE....
    I have been trying ALL day, and tried again 20 seconds before my last post.... and it was saying

FULLY BOOKED

Submit The location you have selected has no tickets left. If you would like to be added to a waiting list for this location click here and you will be sent tickets automatically if cancellations are received within 48 hours of the screening. Otherwise please check for other local venues which may have tickets available or come back nearer to the date of the screening when tickets are often cancelled. Click here to find out more about the Odeon Kids offer every weekend.

Just tried again now - and got 2 tickets straight away !!!:p
  • quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    COMING SOON

From SMS - STUDENT MONEY SAVER

NO ESCAPE

no-escape-600x450.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1781922

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Subject to change)

Certificate - 15

Tuesday 1st September

18:00 for 18:30

LOCATIONS

Ashford
    Birmingham
    Birmingham Broadway Plaza
    Bluewater
    Bristol - Cinema De Lux
    Cardiff
    Crawley
    Derby - Cinema De Lux
    Edinburgh
    Glasgow
    Glasgow Renfrew Street
    Kingston-upon-Thames
    Lee Valley
    Leeds
    Leicester
    Liverpool One
    London
    London - Greenwich
    London - South Woodford
    Manchester
    Manchester Printworks
    Metrocentre Gateshead
    Milton Keynes
    Nottingham
    Sheffield
    Southampton
    Stevenage
    Teesside
    West India Quay
    Wimbledon

Starring Pierce Brosnan and Owen Wilson

NO ESCAPE is a thriller in which an American family, relocating to a new overseas home in South East Asia, soon finds themselves caught in the middle a violent coup against the ruling regime and frantically looking for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed.

Jack (Owen Wilson) is a man desperate to protect his family in this intense, fast-paced action thriller that will leave you breathless.

As he relocates his family to Asia, with wife Annie (Lake Bell) and their two young girls, Jack has no idea of the terror that lies in store. Within days of their arrival, a violent political uprising has swept through the city and the family are on the run frantically searching for safety as rebels mercilessly attack.

With seasoned expat Hammond (Pierce Brosnan) as their only ally, time is against Jack and his family as they are caught in the middle of a nation at war. Desperately attempting to survive in a country under siege, their courage is put to the ultimate test.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • edited 11 September 2015 at 11:35AM
    quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 September 2015 at 11:35AM
    COMING SOON

For SUN PERKS subscribers

SICARIO

1441731837_ScreenShot2015-09-08at18.00.46.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3397884

In Mexico, SICARIO means hitman.

NOTE: Some SUBTITLES - Spoken language includes SPANISH

Certificate - 15

Monday 28th September

18:00 for 18:30

LOCATIONS

Birmingham
    Bolton
    Bristol Cribbs
    Cambridge
    Cardiff
    Croydon Grants
    Eastleigh
    Edinburgh Omni
    Finchley Road
    Gateshead
    Glasgow Fort
    Hull Princes Quay
    Islington
    Leeds Light
    Leicester
    Manchester Lowry
    Northampton
    Norwich
    Portsmouth
    Reading
    Sheffield
    Shepherds Bush
    Thanet
    ThurrockLlakeside
    Watford

In the lawless border area stretching between the U.S. and Mexico, Kate, an idealistic FBI agent [Emily Blunt] is enlisted by an elite government task force official [Josh Brolin] to aid in the escalating war against drugs.

Led by an enigmatic consultant with a questionable past [Benicio Del Toro], the team sets out on a clandestine journey forcing Kate to question everything that she believes in order to survive.

From director Denis Villeneuve (Prisoners) comes a searing emotional-thriller that descends into the intrigue, corruption and moral mayhem of the borderland drug wars.

When Arizona FBI agent and kidnap-response-team leader Kate Macer (Golden Globe® winner Emily Blunt) uncovers a Mexican cartel’s house of death, her shocking find leads to profound consequences on both a personal and global level. Kate is recruited to join a covert black-ops mission headed by a mysterious Colombian operative known only as Alejandro (Academy Award® winner Benicio Del Toro, Best Supporting Actor, Traffic, 2000) along with special agent Matt Graver (Academy Award® nominee Josh Brolin, Best Supporting Actor, Milk, 2008). Even as Kate tries to convince herself she’s on a hunt for justice, she is thrust into the dark heart of a secret battleground that has swept up ruthless cartels, kill-crazy assassins, clandestine American spies and thousands of innocents.

(11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
  • quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOCATIONS added.

Also slight change in start time

quoia wrote: »
    COMING SOON

For TELEGRAPH subscribers

A WALK IN THE WOODS

1439385986_Screen%20Shot%202015-08-11%20at%2017.46.06.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1178665

Certificate - 15

Sunday 13th September

10:30 for 11:00

PICTUREHOUSE cinemas (mostly)

Bath
    Bradford National Media Museum
    Brighton
    Brixton
    Clapham
    East Dulwich
    Edinburgh
    Exeter
    Greenwich
    Hackney
    Henley-on-Thames
    Liverpool
    London Central
    Norwich
    Oxford
    Southampton
    Stratford Upon Avon
    York

Legendary actor Robert Redford sets off for A WALK IN THE WOODS as Bill Bryson, based on the travel writer’s best-selling memoir.
    Upon his arrival back in the United States following two decades in the UK, Bryson wants to find a way to reconnect with his homeland. Impulsively he decides to hike a section of the longest continuous footpath in the world, The Appalachian Trail, 1000 arduous miles stretching from Maine to Georgia, an expedition men half his age struggle to complete.
    Fearing for his life, his wife Cathy (Emma Thompson) refuses to allow him to do a solo trek but is unsuccessful in persuading any of his friends to accompany him. When his old buddy Katz (Nick Nolte), a crude, overweight, recovering alcoholic, calls him out of the blue and offers to accompany him Bryson gets more than he bargained for.
    Thus begins an adventure as they encounter wonderful and wacky characters and face the highs and lows that the trail has to offer. Together they learn that some roads may be better left untravelled.

• geordie_bengeordie_ben Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me and Earl and a dying girl.

An oddly awesome yet weird movie. Some horrid camera work and music but overall a good movie :)
  • I liked Me and Earl.. moving... the camera work was supposed to imitate the junior apprentice doing the shoot I guess.... I didn't even notice it until I read geordie's comment.. it is a must see film by all ages...
  • What are the venues of The Trials of Jimmy... currently I'm getting Barnet and Walton on Thames only as London's venue, are they previewing in rest of London's venue inc. Canary Wharf
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides