We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Good Mosquito Repellent for Cyprus

Options
13»

Comments

• Fatboy_NSS
    Fatboy_NSS Posts: 546 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately (for you) there is only one mosquito repellant which I have tried and tested and found to be 100% effective, and that is lying on the beach next to my little brother. When he's not there I get bitten to shreds, but if he's on the beach with me then he gets all the bites and the rest of our family don't get touched. I'm happy to pimp him out to you for this purpose, but it's not the cheapest repellant (ie the cost of 1 extra person to come on holiday with you!)
  • tonybee_2
    tonybee_2 Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    My Father swore by Search Lights and Anti Aircraft fire in the 1940s, but I suppose chemical weapons are all the rage nowadays !!>
    "Only left handed people are in their right minds"
  • Loobeylou
    Loobeylou Posts: 901 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to be a nuisance, but can anyone point me in the right direction for the Avon Woodland Fresh Moisturising Dry Oil Body Spray please, as I cannot seem to find it on their site.

Also, does this product leave a greasy film on the skin? The Boots stuff is really going to leave my clothes greasy.
  • valmiki
    valmiki Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    loobeylou,

Skin-So-Soft Soft & Fresh Dry Oil Body Spray

http://avonshop.co.uk/avonshop/default.asp?pdept_id=&dept_id=495&department=fastfind&src_page=dept.asp

hope this helps
  • Janeyjaz
    Janeyjaz Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    Have to say - mossies and midges love me and my 8 year old son, if it breathes it gets me and Matthew, then they come up in huge blisters, ruins my holiday. Four years ago I went to Corfu, was frightened by the prospect of the mossies, but the travel agent who was very mature recommended this product, it is also safe to use on children Matts was only four at the time, there were swarms of mossies but I never got bitten once, it was bliss have used it ever since - marvellous stuff, can't reccomend it highly enough.
    Titch :)
  • balt
    balt Posts: 308 Forumite
    Options
    This site shows testing of various products http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/IN419
  • Basil_2
    Basil_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    this has been recommended to me for our holiday in Mexico. Apparently it is even effective against Scottish midges and you can buy it from health food stores.
  • linz
    linz Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am in Cyprus and am being bitten to death at the mo! :(
    I seem to remember last year there were flies & gnats in Apr/May/June but once it gets hotter i.e July/Aug/Sept they disappear so you should be ok in July
    #2 - Save £2024 in 2024
    #35 - Save £12k in 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills