Blogger competitions - is it worth it

Options

Comments

• hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Iamnrc wrote: »
    I actually thought I was being spammed as a ridiculous number of entries where being sent by people from this site which I hadn't come across before who definitely weren't my target demo for that comp and my last competition was open to everyone.

The winner got their prize organized by the brand and I simply forgot to update actually after the brand took over... I've actually had the busiest year finishing up my last year of school so I over looked that.

The reason why bloggers do competitions is to reward their readers so that maybe why some are anti comper.

Bloggers might do competitions to reward their readers but many blogs run sponsored giveaways and I very much doubt that that is how the sponsors see it.

And where do anti-comper blogs draw the line? Isn't everyone who enters a comper? Many compers are also bloggers and will genuinely read and enjoy at least some of the blogs they come across through comps. I follow quite a lot of blogs, and have found some terrific ones via comping.
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • Leanne200
    Leanne200 Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm shocked about LBQ, I enjoy her blog and found her to be friendly... shame! (I've never won anything from the blog though)

There are lots of lovely bloggers out there, I've won from a number of various sites in the past. I also read the blogs I follow, naturally I don't always have the time to regularly read them all and comment often because there are so many and otherwise I would get nothing else done!

I would love a list of those who do not wish me to enter their giveaways. It doesn't necessarily mean I will stop following them though if it is one I that I genuinely really enjoy reading. I have my favourites! :)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    lists been updated today by the looks of it & some new bloggers names added for their comps not to be posted..

Sticky: Websites that don't want their competitions posted on MSE

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5200313
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    Options
    I have seen a couple of blogs today with 'comper friendly' badges showing :) This one, for example, http://purplezebrathe.blogspot.co.uk/ Thank you Purple Zebra Blog! blowing-kiss-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

It is lovely to see bloggers who welcome compers! Hopefully more bloggers will add these badges too! :)
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • katrinao
    katrinao Posts: 934 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been identified as a "spammer" while trying to enter this blog giveaway
    http://blog.bay-bee.co.uk/win-serenata-chocolate-hamper/

Possibly as I'm a comper. Have unfollowed now on twitter/Facebook/bloglovin/Pinterest etc. You may want to do the same.

No point in entering if they're going to delete you anyway!
    The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine. —Abraham Lincoln
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Weird as it says posted on loquax and prize finder, why post on comp sites if we are the scurge?
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    katrinao wrote: »

Possibly as I'm a comper. Have unfollowed now on twitter/Facebook/bloglovin/Pinterest etc. You may want to do the same.

I got that too. At first I thought it might have been because of Roboform but I filled everything in manually and I still got it. I can't contact her via the page that is displayed because the captcha isn't showing for me so it won't send the message!
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,909 Forumite
    Options
    katrinao wrote: »

Don't think it's because you are a comper as the blog has links to sites that feature competitions inc prizefinder, loquax and superlucky.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,909 Forumite
    Options
    I entered on the RC with no problem (just did the twitter follow)
  • katrinao
    katrinao Posts: 934 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah, thought it was strange but no joy trying to contact either, same as lady morticia.

No hamper for me this time !
    The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine. —Abraham Lincoln
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure