uSwitch Boiler Breakdown Insurance Discussion

2»

Comments

• qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    lisle wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of this company?
    Thanks
    Not personally and will never personally...
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5224329
  • lisle
    lisle Posts: 198 Forumite
    qsk wrote: »
    Not personally and will never personally...
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5224329

Thanks so much for this, I had completely missed that thread :sad:

Off to haggle with British Gas!
    I'm in the £2.00 club! terramundi cracked open Christmas Day £748 :p Started a new one Boxing Day!
  • Yes, I've had the same problem about cancelled appointments. Today is Tuesday and the boiler has just broken down and they wouldn't offer to come out until Saturday which in December with no hot water or heating is a joke. They told me I should have read the terms and conditions when I renewed.and that British Gas considers not coming until Saturday is reasonable. In the past they did come out in a reasonable time.

The last time the boiler went wrong they eventually turned up, then needed a part and the whole thing took days. They did seem quite energetic when they wanted to sell me Hive which I don't need.

You can only get someone sooner if you have a medical condition and I am not prepared to lie. I have complained now and someone will come but I'm going to junk them and pay as I go from now on. To make it even worse they music on hold is by Cold Play and even that is a cheap cover.
  • ........... start their policy as soon as you complete your application!! Phone or online, although it does not warn you about that in the online application. What happens if, like me, you would like the policy you have already paid for to run to its term, and then start your new policy? Oh no, can't do that. And this from a company that allows its products to be advertised on a site that encourages folk to change to a cheaper option. If you want a policy to follow on from your old policy, be accurate on the day you make the change, or lose money by having two policies running at the same time (and the hassle that will cause)or perhaps much, much easier ..... find another supplier.
  • Hi,

We got our renewal notice this morning from British Gas. An 18% increase on last year, making it £17.79. I used USwitch and saw the same cover advertised for £12 a month. My husband phoned up and told them he wasn't happy at all. He barely got a 1% payrise this year as he works for the council public works department.
    He was offered the same price as last year. I got him to tell them about the £12 a month on USwitch, but they said that was for new customers only. We agreed to take last year's price in the end.
    Thanks,
    Linda
  • darreng
    darreng Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just used USwitch to compare boiler/heating cover. My current provider, Scottish Power have sent a renewal with a price increase. Noticed on USwitch that they are offering 1/2 price for the first 6 months. Gave them a ring and enquired if it’s only for new customers. Was told I could have the deal. Saved £60 on the overall annual cost for next year and stil came in cheaper than the cheapest monthly option from Corgi Homeplan 😀
  • Just found this fantastic thread and have done some quotes for boiler cover, central heating and drains etc and British Gas Homecare 3 seems to come out as the best price I can find at £25.03. I have just purchased my first house 3 weeks ago and was wondering if anyone could advise me if that sounds like a reasonable cost? Or if I should be looking elsewhere. If it makes any difference they are my current gas/elec provider.
    MFW - #133 - 2020 Challenge - £1230.67 / £1159
    MFW - #133 - 2021 Challenge - £1328 / £1270
    MFW #56 - 2022 Challenge - £325.35 / £1296
    Mortgage began Jan 2019 - £115,900
    Mortgage Currently            - £105,160
  • Last November I did extensive research and chose an annual boiler cover with Home Emergency Assist. I thought I did quite well getting a deal at £10.20 a month, however, they have just informed me that it is increasing to £16.20 a month! I thought it would be fixed for the year but buried in the small print is a blurry option to let them change prices. They didn’t even give me the 14 days notice as per their contract. I phoned to complain and they offered to knock a small amount off but I feel robbed, I haven’t even had the boiler serviced during this time. Needless to say I have cancelled the rest of the contract and it’s now back to research. It’s unfortunate but whoever you sign up with ensure you read all that boring small print.
  • Disappointing guide. Seems more interested in promoting energy companies’ deals than providing independent advice. Doesn’t list my current provider. Going elsewhere.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback