Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Steve059
    Steve059 Posts: 2,686 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 April 2015 at 3:34PM
    Options
    The halving of the Britannia beef dripping pack size is due to the manufacturer.

From a reply to an enquiry to Princes, "... Britannia Dripping is now being produced in 250g packs.
    [FONT=&quot]The pack size has been reformulated based on ... consumers' feedback." [/FONT]
    If you fold it in half, will an Audi A4 fit in a Citroen C5? :)
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Or they'll announce a rollback and drop 50p off and state how they're always lowering prices.

What's the word for inflation before a rollback? Sleight of hand? Sleight off pound?

To be fair asda are quite reasonable. Only place were you can get decent plant pots for cheap. Even b&q are more expensive than asda on the 3" plant pots
    Asda didn't have Rollbacks before Walmart bought them: it's an American idea brought over here to (supposedly) save shoppers money.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm wondering what dripping is but hope you can find a decent size/price combination:cool:
    It's a kind of cooking fat (I think, I don't use it myself).
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dripping is beef fat.
  • d70cw6
    d70cw6 Posts: 784 Forumite
    Options
    they spread it on sandwiches in yorkshire.
    life expectancy is low.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I went into Asda yesterday to get a packet of their Bran Flakes £1.38 I was just about to walk off when i saw the shelf price was on special if you bought 2 packets. Put my glasses on and they were £1.38 each, or 2 for £3.
    I only bought the one.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • shammyjack
    shammyjack Posts: 2,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    d70cw6 wrote: »
    they spread it on sandwiches in yorkshire.
    life expectancy is low.

We only eat pork dripping with the meat jelly on bread . Beef dripping makes the best chips and roast potatoes in the world .

Lots of my family have lived into mid and late nineties with a couple of Queens birthday card recipients .

Any other drivel that you want shot down in flames ?
  • Steve059
    Steve059 Posts: 2,686 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SailorSam wrote: »
    I went into Asda yesterday to get a packet of their Bran Flakes £1.38 I was just about to walk off when i saw the shelf price was on special if you bought 2 packets. Put my glasses on and they were £1.38 each, or 2 for £3.
    I only bought the one.

According to their website, the 500g packs are £1.38, and the 1kg packs are £1.84 or 2 for £3.00. Of course, the shelf edge labels could've been wrongly placed.
    If you fold it in half, will an Audi A4 fit in a Citroen C5? :)
  • Sunblind_Duck
    Options
    shammyjack wrote: »
    We only eat pork dripping with the meat jelly on bread . Beef dripping makes the best chips and roast potatoes in the world .

Lots of my family have lived into mid and late nineties with a couple of Queens birthday card recipients .

Any other drivel that you want shot down in flames ?

Must agree. I was a child of the thirties, brought up on bread and dripping. We do all our cooking in dripping. Can't beat it. I'm now eighty-one and fit as a fiddle.
    It's been announced recently, by the way, that we have all been hood-winked by this low-fat, cholesterol nonsense, and we actually need fat for health. Low fat food is big business. We never touch it in our household.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure