MSE News: E.on told to pay refunds and give £7.75m to charity after overcharging user

2»

Comments

• mnw1888
    mnw1888 Posts: 47 Forumite
    mnw1888 wrote: »
    Yes Mark, but the question is , is it a conflict of interest as well, equally is it done transparently , where does the money go( check where it should be spent) because it not in new barristers or full time legal staff for the CAB.

How is it split between England, Wales and Scotland?

Was a £1.00 fine for a repeat offence by EON Justice, proper, equitable by Ofgem. And is the money tax deductible to a charity?

Oh My Kingdom for Transparency!

Has anyone on this forum explained why EON was fined a £1.00 by Ofgem for repeat offences ? And no silly comments from the PR trolls working for the energy companies?
    There management is so poor.
  • silvasands
    silvasands Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post
    I tried to switch using Energy Club from the Co-op to E.On. Began last December and only late March, went over. E,On continually told me that they`d sent final readings to the Co-op..which , as they later admitted wasn`t true. Took me hours in emails and calls to both providers. Complaints Dept. at E.On kept me on the phone for nearly an hour...told them I wanted to take the complaint to Ombudsman(is that Ofgem?) Still waiting for them to send me the details!! Not happy AND Energy Saving Club hasn`t paid out the cash promised for switching!
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi silvasands

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience when you switched to us. As the gaining supplier, it's definitely our responsibility to send details to the losing supplier. This includes the meter readings we intend to use to open the account. The losing supplier will use the same readings to close their account. This stops the same energy being charged twice.

You can certainly go the Ombudsman. Usually, customers can do this after 56 days but, if we're unable to reach a resolution, we'll give you a deadlock letter and you can go straightaway. There's more information about this on our website. You can contact the Energy Ombudsman at PO Box 966, Warrington WA4 9DF, by email at enquiries@os-energy.org or by phoning 0330 440 1624.

Sorry again you're unhappy with us but hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mnw1888
    mnw1888 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Hi silvasands

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience when you switched to us. As the gaining supplier, it's definitely our responsibility to send details to the losing supplier. This includes the meter readings we intend to use to open the account. The losing supplier will use the same readings to close their account. This stops the same energy being charged twice.

You can certainly go the Ombudsman. Usually, customers can do this after 56 days but, if we're unable to reach a resolution, we'll give you a deadlock letter and you can go straightaway. There's more information about this on our website. You can contact the Energy Ombudsman at PO Box 966, Warrington WA4 9DF, by email at [EMAIL="enquiries@os-energy.org"]enquiries@os-energy.org[/EMAIL] or by phoning 0330 440 1624.

Sorry again you're unhappy with us but hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Malc

ops wrong topic
  • Spooky_uk
    Spooky_uk Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Our account is currently £134 in credit after latest bill. Partner has just called them to ask for refund for this and was outright refused but customer service rep and that direct debit would go up to £122 per month. We have had solar panels installed so will not be using as much electricity going forward but have had enough of the obstructive and unhelpful shambles of a customer service eon provide. When tariff ends in January will be jumping ship even if it costs me more.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Spooky_uk wrote: »
    Our account is currently £134 in credit after latest bill. Partner has just called them to ask for refund for this and was outright refused but customer service rep and that direct debit would go up to £122 per month. We have had solar panels installed so will not be using as much electricity going forward but have had enough of the obstructive and unhelpful shambles of a customer service eon provide. When tariff ends in January will be jumping ship even if it costs me more.

If your account is 'only' £134 in credit after the summer period it will almost certainly reduce rapidly through the winter when heating is required. That is the whole point of paying by Direct Debit i.e. build up a surplus by Autumn to offset the higher charges in winter.

Also your solar panels will not contribute a great deal to reducing your electricity bills in winter. Most people - even with a large system(4kWp) will reduce their electricity bills by £50 to £100 a year - and the panels generate far more in summer than winter.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Spooky_uk wrote: »

Hi Spooky_uk. I've just replied to a similar post from you on the E.ON Feedback thread. It's at the following link.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69462799#post69462799

It's post number 469. Hope it's of interest. Also, Cardew makes a good point about the solar panels - thanks Cardew. The main benefit will be next summer. This won't be seen in your payment arrangement until after then as the amount is based on current prices and usage over the previous 12 months.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I am well aware of the solar panel side of things and how DD debits work with energy companies. Thanks for pointing out the obvious facts I was already aware of Cardew. :T
    Bottom line is we will not be using the same amount of gas this winter anyway - new triple glazing windows/doors installed in the summer and EWI. Tariff ends in January anyway and will be switching so don't want to have to chase up an even larger refund at that point in time.
    Hi Spooky_uk. I've just replied to a similar post from you on the E.ON Feedback thread. It's at the following link (post 473).

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69472979#post69472979

Look forward to hearing from you.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure