MSE News: Co-op faces customer backlash following bungled system upgrade

Options

Comments

• Steph62
    Options
    Co-op energy says that customers switching way are not affected by the IT problems but that isn't my experience. I moved out of a property I shared with my daughter at the end of February 2015. The account was then supposed to be transferred to her name. I took final readings for the gas and electric and asked for a final bill. The last email I received was on 30 March so I called them today and found it very difficult to get through. After waiting on the line for over 20 minutes due to 'high customer calls' I spoke to a lady who said they had had problems with the new system but that I would receive a final bill in the first week of June. I am not holding my breath....I cancelled my Direct Debit when I moved as I knew they would keep taking the £85 a month but have no idea if I owe them money or they owe me. Shocking customer service and I switched to Another company when I moved.
  • boobbby
    boobbby Posts: 769 Forumite
    Options
    Just a little bonus to the new system..the co op give 1point for each pound spent on energy to members which in turn can be converted into vouchers. Unfortunately the new system cannot cope with with this so no points are at present being allocated although they are being stored somewhere so that when the system is fixed we will receive the points. I was going to make a sarky remark but I think most have already been expressed although I am sure others will have some up their sleeves.
  • boycie21
    Options
    Having a nightmare moving to Co-Op!

I instigated a move start of Feb, and got my welcome pack mid Feb saying a move date of end of March. That didn't go through and they blamed the energy provider I left, but they emailed me a new and old ?? account number - neither of which work online.

The previously energy provider is still taking money and says im still with them, but the Energy club paid my cashback a week ago saying my account has been transfered. I can't get through to Co-op at all - all numbers are unobtainable if I ring them from 2 different phones! What on earth is going on?
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    boycie21 wrote: »
    Having a nightmare moving to Co-Op!

I instigated a move start of Feb, and got my welcome pack mid Feb saying a move date of end of March. That didn't go through and they blamed the energy provider I left, but they emailed me a new and old ?? account number - neither of which work online.

The previously energy provider is still taking money and says im still with them, but the Energy club paid my cashback a week ago saying my account has been transfered. I can't get through to Co-op at all - all numbers are unobtainable if I ring them from 2 different phones! What on earth is going on?

Exactly what's happening with me. I've tried to call; I've sent a secure message using their own website. I am not staying with them and will be writing a formal letter of complaint.
  • fat-pudding
    fat-pudding Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    boycie21 wrote: »

Exactly the same here, I have had emails from co-op which they just stopped responding too when I kept pointing out that they were not answering my questions and that they weren't treating my complaint as a complaint (they won't give me a reference number for the complaint). I'm waiting for the 8 weeks to be up since I contacted them so I can go to the ombudsman.

They are one company that deserves to be suspended from taking on any new customers until they fix these problems. I honestly hope they go bankrupt as a result of this.
  • boobbby
    boobbby Posts: 769 Forumite
    Options
    Here are a few numbers to contact the co op 08009540693 0800435902 use the energy option 01926516152 01926317650 anybody know a few more
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    boobbby wrote: »
    Here are a few numbers to contact the co op 08009540693 0800435902 use the energy option 01926516152 01926317650 anybody know a few more

I called on the first number and got answered within 3 minutes. However, the call then had to be passed to another department and I warned that the wait time is at least 18 minutes.

I gone for the old fashioned method and written them a letter. Hoping for a response.
  • muirhead_2
    muirhead_2 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Been with them 2 years great service then IT upgrade and all of above problems two many to list company now a joke,a sent me a letter saying I owed £297 and threatened to up my DD by £41 when after 2 hours on phone they admitted I was actually in credit £197.

In process of switching to EON collective switch with Moneysupermarket good riddance Coop Energy.

You have been warned.
  • SteveArgent
    Options
    As usual, I want to submit meter readings around the start of the month, but apparently the login part of the website is out of action at the moment. The telephone support people confirm this, but cannot give any indication of when the system will be available again.

Can Coop Energy really keep on failing like this???
  • lodgem
    lodgem Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    It's incredible I had to chase them as nothing happened on my transfer date. I've supplied them with meter readings and still nothing happens. Be aware that I got my account set up but still cant do anything as two months down the line after transfer should have happened it just says 0000 and won't let me do anything. Emailing is a waste of time as you just get a standard response about the !!!! up that is there new computer system. Don't think you can call them either as if you don't get an engaged tone on calling you'll just end up either cut off or in queue for 20 mins with no answer. An absolute joke. I've had enough and will be seeking compensation and moving on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure