Has anyone bought a Premier Inn (Hypnos) bed?

Options

Comments

• pastashell
    pastashell Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2017 at 1:19PM
    Options
    I happened to find one in the last premier inn we stayed in .
    We have since been to try some more out and have decided on the sapphire .
    Its just feels better more turns on the springs and triple side stitched .
    Also the beauty of this type of bed is that you only need to rotate from head to foot and not turn it over
    Very expensive £1135 with 2 free pocket sprung pillows at the moment
    although its only 31p a day over 10 years ;)

Most do interest free credit .
  • pastashell
    Options
    only 5 yr warranty on prem inn ones 10 yr on all other hypnos
  • flourpower1
    Options
    We bought spink and Edgar natural filled mattress from John Lewis comfort range last year, wool one side cotton the other plus other fillings.

Had to wait about 12 weeks but they are made on order, is very expensive but the best we have ever had
  • not_so_witty
    Options
    Has anyone actually bought one then? Hubby and I love a premier inn bed - are the mattresses definitely the same?
    We're about to move into our first house and need a mattress. These seem to be a reasonable price-point, although I'd prefer if they were interest-free rather than up-front payment.
    Otherwise, does anyone have any suggestions of similar mattresses that are a similar price, if not cheaper?
  • Chickabiddybex
    Options
    What we know about the Premier Inn Hypnos mattress:
    27cm deep
    1000 pocket springs
    Tufted
    Pillow top
    Wool fillings
    Price for the double mattress on its own: £465

Sounds about right. You could find a similar spec but cheaper from a less known brand but it could feel different to sleep on - the springs may be softer or firmer for example. There's a reason they only tell us the above spec. This makes it difficult to pick out a like for like mattress elsewhere.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • Keith4x4
    Options
    The 10 year warranty sounds great until you actually try to invoke it .
    I have now had a Hypnos pillow top for over a year, if is a pile of rubbish yet I cannot get it replaced as they just say "its settlement"
    Within 2 months the mattress has developed a pronounced central ridge running from head to toe.
    It has sagged on both sides to the extent it feels like two hammocks side by side. You can feel all the buttons and the springs when lying down on it rendering it unusable as it’s so uncomfortable.
    Visually you can see a slight sag on both sides of the mattress the problems only show when you lie on the mattress or press down on it, then all the buttons are proud of the surface.
  • Keith4x4
    Options
    I purchased a Hypnos Pillow top within 2 months the mattress has developed a pronounced central ridge running from head to toe.
    It has sagged on both sides to the extent it feels like two hammocks side by side. You can feel all the buttons and the springs when lying down on it rendering it unusable as it’s so uncomfortable.
    Visually you can see a slight sag on both sides of the mattress the problems only show when you lie on the mattress or press down on it, then all the buttons are proud of the surface.
    Both Gillies (the retailer) and Hypnos claim its settlement and to be expected.
  • twarde
    twarde Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This mattress business is a nightmare. I'm just in the process of getting a refund on my sealy latex pillow top (which? 2015 best buy!) that had severe dips in less than 12 months.
    There's a lot of good information on this website https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/ask-a-question/

Still not sure what to buy as a lie down in the shop is no real test but I was impressed by the cheap IKEA Hovag mattress that's about £230. As a side sleeper i found it felt right for me and at a third of the price I paid for the sealy it could be worth a try.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surely pillow top type matteresses are inherently prone to ridging since the softer unsprung padding settles where it has most weight applied.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • leslieknope
    Options
    i used to work for premier inn and yes, it is the same mattress they use in the hotel rooms. as for whether it's any good, it's up to you really. personally i hate them because i like my mattresses softer and never could really sleep in the rooms. but my aunt has one and she loves it. if you love a premier inn hotel bed, you'll like the one you can buy.

i realised now this thread is old! but might help someone in the future.
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family