NHS Penalty Charge Notice received

Options
14567810»

Comments

• bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options
    wildfirejc wrote: »
    BSPM, do you mind telling me who you spoke to, to get that waiver? I seem to be hitting a brick wall and my circumstances were very similar to yours.

Coooeee I am still here with an added 1 on my name lol.

As I stated it was so long ago and I have no idea who i called but, if I were to guess I would have probably called a number that was on the fine or letter?
  • wildfirejc
    wildfirejc Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks bspm1. I am now reaching Complaints Stage 1 as I think my case is exactly like yours. Fingers crossed, they will waive mine too.
  • ashpan
    ashpan Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have just received a dental penalty notice for £100 which i cant afford, it was a genuine mistake caused by 3 things - i asked the receptionist if i had to pay she said 'no charge, just sign', i didnt have my glasses with me and i mistakenly thought i was exempt from dental charges as i was 60 just before my treatment - can i appeal and has anyone every been successful in an appeal like this?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ashpan wrote: »
    i have just received a dental penalty notice for £100 which i cant afford, it was a genuine mistake caused by 3 things - i asked the receptionist if i had to pay she said 'no charge, just sign', i didnt have my glasses with me and i mistakenly thought i was exempt from dental charges as i was 60 just before my treatment - can i appeal and has anyone every been successful in an appeal like this?
    It's your responsibility to know if you're exempt from paying or not. You can certainly try and contact them and tell them what happened but based on what you've said you may not succeed.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ashpan wrote: »

Unfortunately, leaving your reading glasses at home is unlikely to cut any ice with them, and dental receptionists are not trained in benefits. You can try appealing, but I'd also complain to the practice manager at the dental surgery to prevent anybody else suffering this way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure