Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Hope is not an Effective Financial Strategy

edited 3 March 2020 at 7:18PM in Mortgage-free wannabe
4.3K replies 359.1K views

Replies

• Cheery_DaffCheery_Daff Forumite
    13.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Good stuff!

Are Funding Circle a kind of peer to peer thing? Had a quick look and they seem to be lending to businesses but with no business plans etc.  Is the rest of your dosh stuck for those 31 months now then?? Is it just FC you'd not use again, or all those types of platforms, or just the higher risk loans?

Sorry, lots of questions for before breakfast!
    Taking a break from the internet for May
  • shangaijimmyshangaijimmy Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well another week trundles on. The increasing covid cases has started to have an effect on my work again and the picture for the next few weeks looks very uncertain workwise. We will continue to adapt and be agile. The only thing I can control at work is how we react to the changing circumstances. My thoughts are now changing to the school holidays and thinking about entertaining the kids, and this chaotic working that we both have at the moment!

Amazingly we've won another £10 in the postcode lottery  :) That's 2 weeks running! As usual I will send the cash to the mortgage as soon as it lands.

MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34
    MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Cheery_DaffCheery_Daff Forumite
    13.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    You've definitely got some kind of swizz going on with the postcode lottery! :lol: I've never won once, at either house! :open_mouth:

You're right about only controlling how you react - easier said than done sometimes though! 
    Taking a break from the internet for May
  • debtfreeonedaydebtfreeoneday Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Good news on the lottery wins!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone for good (02/19)MFW (01/15) £43,741.38