Renovations and Repayments.

Options

Comments

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    Captain Awkward has a great list of these phrases. "Wow" is another good one.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Captain Awkward has a great list of these phrases. "Wow" is another good one.
    :kisses3:
    I just may be pottering happily through an early part of the archive as I type.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    LOL I used it on my mother when she said something sooo outrageously bad about the NHS.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    One year anniversary for you since retiring this month. As someone galloping inexorably towards the starting gate I wondered if you had any reflections you wouldn't mind sharing?
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    One year anniversary for you since retiring this month. As someone galloping inexorably towards the starting gate I wondered if you had any reflections you wouldn't mind sharing?
    Ooh, me? That's "wow" in a good sense! It must be me, I hope I'm not being narcissistic in typing that :o

:rotfl:

I think the thing that's struck me in this first year is what John Lennon published on his last LP, Double Fantasy, a few months before he was murdered: "life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans".

And I think I'm going to do bullet points on my own diary, after that statement :A to avoid hijacking, and just in case its not me after all!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry yes, should have been more specific - and should have been at your place KC! - Is that my first senior moment I ask myself - (fortunately I haven't got to the stage where I answer me too :rotfl:

Sorry to hijack
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Debsnewbudget
    Options
    Hope everything is going well Alex and you are all getting used to new routines.
    I am assuming you are completing your paper diary, but don't forget to keep popping on here and keeping us up to date as well.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sure you're busy Alex but do try to find time to let us know how it's going.:)
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Not been on here for a while. Not been doing much for a while other than trying to get through the days. Things haven't been good, to be honest. Hanging on with the course and coping but it is not what I thought it would be. No further with decluttering / selling things off.

In other news, I'm busy with the property side of things with a potential big deal which will be quite exciting if it does happen. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 September 2017 at 10:30PM
    Options
    Start as I mean to go on with ... Organise end of month treat ... :DNot even thought about this but I think I need something to look forward to.
    :)

Overpayment: Make one even if it is only £50. Should manage this. :)
    Food budget: £120 / £400. :o
    Meat free days: 2 / 10.
    No work weekends: 1 / 3.
    15 minutes piano practise each morning: 12 / 33. :)
    At least 10,000 steps per day: 14,000 today.
    10 minutes exercise (not inc. walking): 2 / 34. Haven't been counting but this has probably happened only 2 more times.
    :rotfl:

A/F school nights: 2. Not really happened.
    :o

but most importantly ... Get through the month!:eek:
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts