'The £1 Million cash card' - Anyone played it lately?

Options

Comments

• sunshine12345
    Options
    Got free with magazine guess what I also got the following

One card with three dogs
    One card single star for special bonus
    One card with 2 top hat and parasol...

anyone any idea... dont know if this is a scam or not, but the people who one and wrote on this side.. seem to believe it is not...
  • Pocoyo
    Pocoyo Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    I have the £1 million scratchcard, expires 28/2/11. The symbols are 3 x apples and 2 x bells. Text Pluto17 to 84228 for the 3 x apples. Hope that helps someone.
  • Maudsy
    Maudsy Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 29 September 2010 at 2:46PM
    Options
    I have had extensive communication via e-mail with these because I believe that they should be banned as undoubtedly thousands are taken in by these cards every week. They are not a registered charity so one should understand that they need to make money in order, not only to pay out prizes, but to cover their costs, especially printing and also to make a profit.
    What they do is extend the wiining claim process in order to prompt a phone call. If three symbols wins you a certain prize why the claim number? It is valueless - it is a mechanism designed to make money. I was told by reps from this company that 3 lions was a £10 winning prize. If they know that automatically what is the purpose of a claim number? I have further proof: - I also sent two claims in (3 Lions and 3 Lemons) and I referenced both wins seperately. The claim numbers came back without a reference so I had no idea which was which. When I queried this I was told it didn't matter which claim went with which prize!
    People power can overcome this. Every single game card will have at least one winning prize line and one winning cash line. Ignore the prize it will be a cheap digi camera/mp3 which requires an unmerited insurance fee for release worth far more than the prize or a holiday voucher with restricted dates/flights which would be more costly than going on line and booking it yourself.
    Claim for the cash prize as I did but use the postal system. The most you pay is 4 x second class stamps and the least you'll win is £10. BUT before you send the card off photocopy it back and front so that it can be read clearly. I did this and still got a crappy holiday voucher. When I complained I got the £10 in the end. If everybody does this then they can only lose money and that way we'll get shot of them.
  • enderit
    enderit Posts: 2,996 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a claim number in an e-mail eventually, but not sure which symbols are for cash...
  • fairfowle
    Options
    It depends what the symbols are. Tell me what the symbols are and i'll tell you what you've won. I txt the number today cuz i was bored and thought...I may have actually won something and IF it is a con, which i thought it was, then im not that bothered this time. I won a trip to venice and £10 on the other card(2 cards). Apparently these cards are legit as watchdog have been investigating them and have said that customers have been very satisfied and happy with their wins.
  • bamboozler
    Options
    fairfowle wrote: »
    It depends what the symbols are. Tell me what the symbols are and i'll tell you what you've won. I txt the number today cuz i was bored and thought...I may have actually won something and IF it is a con, which i thought it was, then im not that bothered this time. I won a trip to venice and £10 on the other card(2 cards). Apparently these cards are legit as watchdog have been investigating them and have said that customers have been very satisfied and happy with their wins.

I have 3 dogs, for the card with the closing date of 30/4/11
    Is that what you had to get £10 ???
  • Percussim
    Options
    It takes a bit of intelligence and a modicum of patience. I have so far in the last two months received 3 quite good watches and three £10 cheques from Purely Creative. What you do NOT do is ring the premium number. I am not a gambler, but I do read small print and the instructions are there, if you read carefully. You may feel you can't be bothered, but for three symbols the same on these scratch cards you are guaranteed a win and it takes about 5 minutes and an envelope and two stamps to claim your minimum £10 prize - that beats my hourly rate as a lecturer hands down, ok. On some cards with holiday prizes etc, I just bin them, since you have to supplement what you have won to get any reward. I only go for 3 symbols, normally offering money. Two symbols seems a waste of time - once started andf you have claimed, Purely Creative send you complementary cards, always including winning ones - just be wary...
  • likelyfran
    likelyfran Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    I got 3 lions and according to the letter I got today, that's worth £10 at the moment.

I sent the card etc. off by post, now I've got to send them another note with my exact bank name on it and another stamp.

What a palaver. So expecting a cheque for a tenner, better than nowt.

If you google Purely Creative though, (can't post links yet), turns out the people who run this have been taken to court this year by 'the Watchdog'..
    *Look for advice, not 'advise'*
    *Could/should/would HAVE please!*

:starmod:
    “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti. :starmod:
    :dance:
  • Onefree
    Onefree Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know what 3 thumbs up and 3 7's wins please.

Thanks
  • angler71
    angler71 Posts: 425 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Onefree wrote: »
    Does anyone know what 3 thumbs up and 3 7's wins please.

Thanks

Cant be much as i have the same
    Thanks To Everyone Who Posts :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills