'The £1 Million cash card' - Anyone played it lately?

Options

Comments

• sardarji
    sardarji Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Whatever method you think of using to claim your supposed winnings, don't expect the money to actually turn up. Mine didn't.

Not a penny. Not even an answer when I complained. It would have been some feeble lie, no doubt, but it's always nice not to be absolutely ignored, even by rogues.

So if you are daft enough to use the scamster's high-priced phone system, don't imagine that, at worst, your ten quid "award" will at least cover your phone costs. It won't, because you won't get it.

Fraudsters make their money from the gullibility of innocents. Don't be fooled. Why this mob are allowed to continue their scam is beyond me.
  • The_main_man_2
    Options
    A four x scratch card from Purely Creative appeared with my monthly Sky Magazine. Two cards scratched revealed we had won both the cash payout and one of the big prizes.
    My wife sent a text to their number to see what happens, and promptly received 4 of 6 text back messages costing £1.50 each (only four before her credit ran out) with lots of blurb but no details of any prizes.
    Usual policy applies - it is too good to be true so don't make contact with them. It will cost you at least £9 to make contact and then your number is on their harrasment list.:rolleyes:
  • Jim1393
    Options
    I have to say I always send in the mail for the claim number for the cash award cards (it's in the small print on the back of the cards that you can do this).

I've won £10 every time, but for the cost of 3 2nd class stamps that's still over £9 profit for minimal effort. I probably get 6 or 7 of these a year so that's over £50 a year for scratching a few cards and posting a few envelopes....easy money! :D
  • chayka
    Options
    peawack wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing myself !
    Found these scratchcards (purely creative ) in a magazine, and guess what ?
    Two Identical symbols on one card, and THREE on the other !
    While it brackets the THREE identical symbols with the big money prizes, it does'nt actually say the card is a winner.
    It does however say that it will cost me £9 to register my claim ! (6Mins phone call @ £1.50 per minute )
    Their website is full of allegedly Happy members of the public who have won prizes, but like you, I would like to hear from one or more of them.

I got 3 apples, which is £10 award (I called to find that out - it will cost me about £10, the call that is). At the same time I got two bikes, which is Spanish holiday return travel plus 3 nights accomodation.

Naturally, I am very reluctant to send all my details to "some company" +stamps, etc... to claim the awards - I do not believe in free lunches. Besides, someone in this Forum had the same combinaions - we might be going on the same holiday - joke.

I wonder, how all those people make money? Only through the phone lines? Stamps? Are the phone companies involved?
  • mirandablja
    Options
    I got same conbinations-3 apples and 2 bikes.
  • Al2009
    Al2009 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Yup i got three apples this month too
  • UKLASS
    Options
    Me Too......but I like to turn the tables and get hold of a few of these cards and complete them in the names of my husband and kids also and apply for a claim number through the post for each. I use my works', sisters', and mums' addresses to send the claim number and prizes to as "only one claim per household"
    So that's £40 less stamps each promo. Thanks Purely Creative!!!
  • moochedit
    moochedit Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    As i posted on another thread, this was my "all new £1million cash card" from "purely creative ltd" (closing date 28/02/10) ....

3 symbols prizes are: £1million . £100,000 . £25,000 . £10,000 . £5,000
    £1,000 comet giftcard . free groceries for a year . £250 primark giftcard
    £50 . his or hers designer fragrance . £20 . mp3 player . his or hers designer watch
    £10

2 symbols prizes are: thomas cook holiday in maldives . ocean village mediteranean or carribbean cruise of your choice . virgin holidays florida break . first choice cyprus holiday . thomson rome city break . avanti canaries holiday

1st card - car sunglasses bike - no matching symbols
    2nd card - helicopter helicopter helicopter - 3 matching symbols :) claim no 0906 158 2010 or text pluto16 to 84228 (cost £9)
    3rd card - bell heart robin - no matching symbols
    4th card - dog parsol dog - 2 matching symbols :) claim no 0906 158 2081 (cost another £9)
    or text venus16 to 84228

2 people on the other thread, said they had EXACTLY the same card :D
  • ice_fairy
    ice_fairy Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    2nd card - helicopter helicopter helicopter - 3 matching symbols :) claim no 0906 158 2010 or text pluto16 to 84228 (cost £9)
    4th card - dog parsol dog - 2 matching symbols :) claim no 0906 158 2081 (cost another £9)
    or text venus16 to 84228

Guess what. I also have that card ..:rotfl:
    Thanks to all competiton posters, This really is the best ever hobby :j
  • moochedit
    moochedit Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    ice_fairy wrote: »
    or text venus16 to 84228

Guess what. I also have that card ..:rotfl:

LOL.. another amazing coincedence :D hey.. you don't think it might be a scam do you ? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure