MSE News: Scottish Power banned from sales activity after failing to meet complaint t

Options
Scottish Power has been banned from sales activity for 12 days after failing to meet the energy regulator's targets...
Read the full story:

Scottish Power banned from sales activity after failing to meet complaint targets

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Bluebirdman_of_Alcathays
    Options
    12 days?!

Toothless.

The only outcome that SP can derive will be this: "What we did is absolutely worth it. Cut down on service/systems to a minimal level, to ensure we're competitive on price. 12 day shutdown of outbound sales is not much of a cost to bear"
  • Fletch7
    Fletch7 Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hahahahahhaaaaaaa! I struggle to put into words how much I loathe Scottish Power. Although I seem to be one of the "lucky" ones in that after switching and leaving this poor excuse for a company I got my account credit back "only" 4 months later.

That said, I think this should go further. SP should be banned full stop from taking on any new customers whatsoever until the mess is sorted out. They should be forced to update their webpage with a large banner across the top "We cannot accept new business as the regulator has banned us from doing so due to our appalling customer service history" Anyone ringing the sales line should hear a recorded message saying the same.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Outbound sales only. Ridiculous as most of the new customers are sent there via comparison or cash back sites.

Should be a total ban on any new customers and should be for a longer period.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    Already at top of the worst of the worst overcharging list for the big six , three quarters of a million of us put into a don't bother with this already captured group queuing line, while all call jockey budgets are directed to getting more & more 'switchers' in. Ofgem should define 'proactive sale', if 90% of new / returning customers come from non-proactive sales then a 12 day or even a 12 months ban is meaningless.

- is 'proactive' a direct customer >direct to< SP sales activity
    - but not an indirectly engaged comparison site customer >via comparison site< to SP switching activity ?
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was with them and had no problems.
    Swapped to nPower, who are "terrible" but again, I have had no problems and find their app very useful.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    Outbound sales only. Ridiculous as most of the new customers are sent there via comparison or cash back sites.

Should be a total ban on any new customers and should be for a longer period.

Should be shut down entirely and all customers moved to the cheapest possible supplier & tariff as DC strongly hinted at before doing a swift U-turn.

Only when they've sorted out all the current existing complaints should they then possibly be allowed have any customer (which they will have to win back).

:cool:
  • nicoc
    nicoc Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    I was with Scottish power for only 6 months or so and their service & supply at the time was fine. We always had an issue with the pre payment meter only adding 70% of the value of the top up due to the previous owner having run up a debt (goodness only knows how this is possible with prepayment).
    Scottish Power assured me this would be resolved, it never was. When I asked about changing to credit meter after the required 3 months of service I was quoted £65 per meter so I moved to EDF.

It took me a further 6 months to get the money back from Scottish Power for the faulty top ups, their call centre were a joke frankly. I would queue for 45 minutes only for the call to get bounced to another dept who couldn't help so would put me back into the original queue....only to repeat 45 minutes later. The calls were frequently disconnected when approaching 45 mins queuing. At least 5 times I was assured this was being looked into, I raised 3 complaints which never went anywhere - honestly it was painful.

I finally received a cheque last week which I'm fairly sure is short by £30 or so but quite honestly I'm just glad it's over.

I'm honestly not stupid but the whole process and dealing with them made ,e feel like I must be speaking martian to them as they seemed to be incapable of acting upon the conversations we had.....assuming I even got that far.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Twelve days is more or less the cooling off period, isn't it?

So all they have to do is to date all the sales 3rd March, for processing on 16th March. No need to waste a single day/
  • mobycat
    mobycat Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    If anybody has had a dealing with a system called SAP then they may understand what Scottish Power is up against, British Gas use the same system...!!!
  • Bluebirdman_of_Alcathays
    Options
    mobycat wrote: »
    If anybody has had a dealing with a system called SAP then they may understand what Scottish Power is up against, British Gas use the same system...!!!

SAP isn't a "system" any more than Microsoft is a system.

Implemented well there is no reason why SAP should cause meltdown - given their customer base, BG complaints on here are remarkably few in number.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure