🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

EE driving me nuts!

Options
Growurown
Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
Debt-free and Proud!
All I want to do is change from an ancient payg phone to an Iphone 4. It shouldn't be this difficult should it?

Applied online for a new orange sim. Didn't turn up.

Applied again online for a new orange sim. It arrived and I arranged for a sim swap. Waited 24 hours - nothing. Called orange, they are having technical problems, so I wait another 24 hours - still nothing. Called again - 'we think your sim is faulty, get a new one by texting the word SIM.' I did this and all it did was direct me to the website, so applied for another orange sim online - didn't turn up. The excuse was they didn't have my correct address. So how come the faulty sim arrived?

Now the website has all changed, free orange sims are no longer available but someone gave me a T mobile sim.

Asked for a pac code - didn't turn up.

So called again but staff aren't allowed any more to transfer from orange to Tmobile or vice versa.

In exasperation I asked the guy on the phone what do I have to do to get an orange payg sim that will fit into my second hand Iphone, because you can't get them anymore it seems from anywhere. I have to have payg because it is the only way my company will pay for my phone calls. I have to produce receipts paid for with cash otherwise they won't cough up.

They have promised to send me a new sim to arrive tomorrow. I am not holding my breath.:(
DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is your iPhone locked to Orange? Get it unlocked and vote with your feet as you wanted when asking for a PAC.
    There is nothing good that this company that went down the toilet can offer you. You'll find better deals and better CS elsewhere, except, possibly, Vodafone. For pure PAYG check Delight Mobile (the same EE signal, don't know about receipts) or Three.
  • Collabora
    Collabora Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    give EE execs a call on 0800 079 0232 Office opening hours are between 08:00 and 20:00, Monday to Friday or 08:00 and 18:00 on Saturday.
  • Growurown
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    Is your iPhone locked to Orange? Get it unlocked and vote with your feet as you wanted when asking for a PAC.
    There is nothing good that this company that went down the toilet can offer you. You'll find better deals and better CS elsewhere, except, possibly, Vodafone. For pure PAYG check Delight Mobile (the same EE signal, don't know about receipts) or Three.

No it's not locked to Orange, but I live in a remote area so our signal isn't great and originally when we moved here some years ago Orange was the only network that worked here. I will check out the Delight Mobile though as it should work here just a well using the same signal. Thanks for the suggestion.

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You could also look at White Mobile or Asda Mobile, which both run on EE, if that is your only feasible network-though things may well have changed in the years since you moved there.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,464 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Growurown wrote: »
    Asked for a pac code - didn't turn up.

When I got mine, it was given to me over the phone there and then - how else would you expect it to "turn up"??

There used to be a sim swap page on the Orange website - I guess they have 'simplified' that, have they?? ;)
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A PAC is normally texted to the number in question. When I got mine from o2, it arrived before I'd even terminated the call.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Growurown
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    They have promised to send me a new sim to arrive tomorrow. I am not holding my breath.:(

A new EE sim did arrive on Monday as promised. On Tuesday the original orange sim arrived in the post too. I had ordered that on the 10/02 and they told me it would arrive in 48 hours. Two days not two weeks!
    J_B wrote: »
    When I got mine, it was given to me over the phone there and then - how else would you expect it to "turn up"??

There used to be a sim swap page on the Orange website - I guess they have 'simplified' that, have they?? ;)

They said it would be sent to me by text within 24 hours. It did turn up eventually but not within the specified time frame and I couldn't use it anyway because they wouldn't allow me to swap from Orange to T Mobile.

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I couldn't use it anyway because they wouldn't allow me to swap from Orange to T Mobile.

Not surprising really, since they are essentially the same company and use the same network (EE).
  • Collabora
    Collabora Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    they wouldn't allow me to swap from Orange to T Mobile.

As others state they wont as they are the same company. Not many 3rd party resellers like CPW still offer Orange and T-Mobile contracts. If you are on a Orange or T-Mobile contract and want to upgrade or renew contract then it will be upgraded/renewed to EE.

I can even see when BT take of EE, even the EE brand will get phased out
  • Growurown
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well I received the new EE PAYG sim as promised but due to things going on in work (and this is my work phone) I decided to wait until today to swap things over so it can all go through over the weekend. I can't be without a working phone during the week. Called today and it is going to take 5 days! Considering they are the same company it shouldn't take that long should it? I complained, not that it did me any good. If this doesn't work I am voting with my feet and going elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills