Inconsidererate, aggressive, but not necessarily dangerous. Report?

Options

Comments

• brat
    brat Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Options
    Tilt wrote: »
    My friend, if you had the slightest clue on my driving experience, you would deffo eat those words. You shouldn't presume so much :cool:

Being experienced doesn't mean being good.

Experienced drivers often become lazy drivers.

I know you wouldn't drive your coach past this cyclist as closely as the BMW did. What about in your own car?
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
  • brat
    Options
    On the highway?
    I can't manage those speeds, but some can.

What's wrong with cycling at 40mph on the public highway?
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    Cyclists are a bloody menace, there is no place for them on today's roads, or horses come to that. Both should be banned, or very severely restricted at least.
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• modsandmockers
    Options
    brat wrote: »
    What's wrong with cycling at 40mph on the public highway?
    Nothing at all - so long as you can be relied upon to maintain such a speed. It would make life easier for all.
    mad mocs - the pavement worrier
  • modsandmockers
    Options
    I thought the horn was sounded by the alarmed driver of the car in the opposing direction.
    It is also possible that the driver on the other side of the road was also a total arsole, was totally sympathetic to the behaviour of the overtaker, and was perfectly happy to make the necessary space for the safety of the overtake.
  • brat
    Options
    Nothing at all - so long as you can be relied upon to maintain such a speed. It would make life easier for all.
    But we can't maintain that speed. No one can. Do you have a problem with that?
  • modsandmockers
    Options
    Motorists can easily maintain that speed - so long as there isn't a cyclist in the way...
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    IMO, the driver was probably showing off to a passenger, trying to scare the crap out of the cyclist.

Young "lads" sometimes do this whether your cycling or walking, i've seen it on many occasions.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • brat
    edited 22 February 2015 at 10:35PM
    Options

Motorists can easily maintain that speed - so long as there isn't a cyclist in the way...
    Of course they can, but you didn't answer my question.
  • frisbeej
    Options
    Ah, the god given (or is it god driven?) right of the car driver to do at least the speed limit everywhere and in any conditions!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure