The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 June 2019 at 8:28PM
    Options
    Today I have some marking to do until 11am and then I am going to have a hair cut (£15). Food + taxis £42.00. Just watered garden. It may rain tomorrow. It hasn't rained for about a week here and it feels glorious.

I am going to try to avoid spending at work to save money luckily I bought lots of good food today.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Enjoy your day.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    After my credit card bill (including London spending) is paid off I have £200 to last till the end of the month to spend on food and fun. I reckon i'll be ok.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You can do this.

Budget budget budget!

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    edited 7 June 2019 at 7:40PM
    Options
    I think I can but I did spend £10 on student sweets today. lol. 75th Anniversary of end of WWR . RIP to the Fallen, I am humbled and salute your bravery and sacrifice.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    It has rained so much today, roll on summer. I bought sandwiches for two days as I forgot to buy filling lol.

Crazy marking to do this week and then things will slow down. Hurrah nearly there.

When work calms down might be switching one of my accounts and hope I can get some money for doing so.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,602 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the bank switch SW. I was looking at the offers but I don't get paid enough for the larger £175 offer.

The rain here has been torrential too but it is bright and sunny this morning so I am hoping it will last. :)

Poor you, (((hug))) that marking is never ending !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 8 June 2019 at 6:26PM
    Options
    I've a manic week and then things will calm down. I am going to take tonight off as my brain is popcorn at present. lol

Im going to have a cup of tea and then tidy up. The account I am thinking of going to is Nationwide I will get a bonus and so will Steve for recommending me.
  • thrifty-hayley
    Options
    I've a manic week and then things will calm down. I am going to take tonight off as my brain is popcorn at present. lol

I know that feeling! Enjoy your night off and good luck with the switch :)
    #84 Make £2020 in 2020 challenge
    Grocery Challenge January £0/£80
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I will try the switch in about two weeks when work calms down as I am so tired I don't want to make a mistake. It is raining again luckily I just bought my clothes in.

I haven't done any decluttering this week of the spare room. I love your grocery challenge Hayley. I will try that one time. In about a month I will break up for hols. I hope I get lots of hours with my summer job! I want the money and travelling.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure